Corsair Community

H100i Platinum USB Crashing - ASUS ROG MOBO

Hybrid V

Hey folks,

I'm having a weird issue with my H100i Platinum where it crashes when loading up certain CPU intensive games.

I know that with ASUS boards you need to disable Q-Fan control, so the pump gets a constant 12v output. The problem is I already did this on the first install and I'm still getting USB disconnects with the fans and RGB lighting powering off for a second before it restarts the AIO again.

I can't figure out how to fix the problem and I am worried that this behavior could be wearing down my pump. I'm not sure why the AIO is still not getting the recommended voltage, if that is even the actual problem.

The software I currently run to manage the AIO is iCUE for lighting and Corsair Link 4 for fan control. My cooler is also rocking the latest firmware.

Any advice would be appreciated. If more info is needed from me please let me know.

Thanks for the info. After a week or so of testing I concluded that this was indeed the reason for the issue.

Switching to a static color seems to keep the power draw stable. This is unfortunate as I paid for the unit specifically for it's RGB pattern capabilities. Is there any statement by Corsair on this? Also, is there any attempt to fix this issue in future firmware updates or are paying customers just out of luck?

Thanks for the info. After a week or so of testing I concluded that this was indeed the reason for the issue.

Switching to a static color seems to keep the power draw stable. This is unfortunate as I paid for unit specifically for it's RGB pattern capabilities. Is there any statement by Corsair on this? Also, is there any attempt to fix this issue in future firmware updates or are paying customers just out of luck?

I assume Corsair will fix this issue soon otherwise it would be really embarrassing.

Archived