Corsair Community

RM1000i and EVGA Powerlink

tehjay

I've been experiencing an intermittent issue with my system, it will just shut off while running a game and wont come back on unless I leave it switched off at the psu for around 30 mins. It either will not even reach bios screen before rebooting or will try to boot windows and just fail into a reboot.

I was trying everything to try and figure out what was causing it last night.

One thing I tried was to remove the EVGA Powerlink adaptors from my graphics cards and run them plugged directly into the PSU with the white corsair modular cables. It booted up no problem.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar while using these adaptors.

Also my psu runs in multi rail mode from the iCue software, if that would make any difference.

Thanks in advance

Jay.

• 3 weeks later...

I've used the EVGA Power Link on my Nvidia cards previously and have never come across an issue. I did have to swap out one of the power connector adapters to accommodate the extra power pins for my RTX2080ti, but still no issue. Perhaps ensure the screws on each side of the adapters are tight, using the provided allen key. That's the only thing I can think of.

Tony

Archived