Corsair Community

LL fans misbehaving

yoyoseby

I have 6 LL fans connected and have set up a different effect for each of them so I have 6 effects on one channel. The effects work fine until I start playing something, when three of them start freezing on one color or displaying a different colors...etc. Does anyone know why this happens?

Got the same issue as well.

I have 4 LL fans and 2 of them randomly freeze/flicker for few seconds.

Happens no matter what I do on my PC and no matter what lighting settings I have.

This does no happen when I close iCUE and leave everything on hardware memory lighting modes.

Looks like the latest iCUE broke something.

Well for me actually, because I have MSI board I have the possibility to connect the fans without node pro so I can use them without Icue...but they still do this ****...so i'm starting to think that the 6 port fan hub is what is causing the problem

• Corsair Employee
Well for me actually, because I have MSI board I have the possibility to connect the fans without node pro so I can use them without Icue...but they still do this ****...so i'm starting to think that the 6 port fan hub is what is causing the problem

I'd suggest making a ticket for it.

Try changing the fans around on the hub and see if you can move the issue around on the fans. This would indicate a faulty fan rather than a hub.

So, here is what I have tried so far, I'm using MSI mobo which has jcorsair header so I can connect fans without lightning node pro:

1) Software

I have tried uninstalling mystic light to use only iCue, than uninstalled iCue to use only mystic light, than use both of them, issue still there.

2) Hubs

I have tried with and without the lightning node pro, and also bought a new 6 fan LED hub, so whether I use mystic light or iCue for the fans, the problem is exactly the same, meaning that the MOBO can't be the problem since we are talking about 2 different headers here. I have also tried 2 different corsair led cables, I had a spare one from MSI mobo. Issue still there.

3) Fans

I have rotated fans around in the hub to see if the fans are the problem, sadly no, for example the fans positione in slot 3-4-5-6 always have problems which led me to believe that the hub was the problem, but as I said earlier the hub is not the problem.

My conclusion, issue is not iCue nor Mystic Light, not the fans, not the hubs, and not faulty headers on the motherboard....I don't even know what else could be...viruses?? windows?? This malfunction occurs only when...the pc gets hotter tho, so if I watch a movie it works just fine, but as soon as I put some load on it, like a strong game it goes bananas, like it's reacting bad to the heat, I don't even know what that means....it gets to normal if I let the PC cool for a little bit. I'm open to any suggestion.

Edited by yoyoseby

I tried another thing, I have plugged in the PSU another sata cable because the 4 way one was connected to my sata ssd and I thought it must be a power delivery issue, and also split the fans into 2 fan hubs, and populating both channels in the lightning node pro, and guess what, the problem is still there, so it's not the PSU either.

If someone could be able to find what could be causing this when it's not the software, not the mobo, cables, hubs, fans, psu....I don't even know if there is anything left to look into.

Most of the time, these issues are a bad fan. What you need to realize is that the fans operate in series - 1 fan passes the data signal to the next and so on. It's entirely possible that a fan can light up properly but not pass the signal properly. When you move fans around, you need to be diligent in tracking them and not just looking at the individual fan but the next on in the chain.