The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 PM

POST ID # = 868299
numb Reputation: 10

Cue Developer why so hard for you guys put a timer or sleep "when the screen turn off" for lightning. that automatically off when the user is AFK> why developer? yea i know someone in this forum make a program for that. but i dont want a 3rd party program.

Last edited by numb; 08-22-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:12 PM

POST ID # = 868304
brainless Reputation: 11

An idle mode would be nice... I want a list with profiles which are get cycled through at idle mode

Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Genma Saotome's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868320
Genma Saotome Reputation: 16

Perhaps these have been suggested already but if not...

Allow a passthru( on ! off) to be set for any key assigned to CUE specific functions so the key value goes thru CUE and on to whatever application you're using. For instance, if the 1 key does something in a game, like activate a specific POV, and you want to use that key to change to a specific mode, allow both to occur.

An About tab would be nice, you know, version, web address, check for update sort of thing.

Let us iconize the program and have it still work. A requirement to leave it as an open window in the background is about as lame as you can get.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:00 AM

POST ID # = 868355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genma Saotome View Post
Let us iconize the program and have it still work. A requirement to leave it as an open window in the background is about as lame as you can get.
You can already... or did I missunterstood you?

Old 08-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Genma Saotome's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868407

No, you understood but perhaps my experience is in error.

When I run a game for which a profile and modes have been created they keycap colors show up only when CUE is expanded into a window, not when it is iconized.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:44 PM

POST ID # = 868421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genma Saotome View Post
No, you understood but perhaps my experience is in error.

When I run a game for which a profile and modes have been created they keycap colors show up only when CUE is expanded into a window, not when it is iconized.
This sounds like a bug. I can minimize CUE to system tray (iconized) and CUE is still working and switching profiles.

Edit: btw using CUE 2

Old 08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Genma Saotome's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868651

A usability suggestion: The slider under the list of profiles is rather hard to notice, probably because it's rather thin. Some sort of visual enhancement would be welcome... a lighter gray or perhaps an outline or symbol.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:24 AM
German Engineering

POST ID # = 869613
Blacktronics Reputation: 10

Something nice would be the ability to trigger any action from a macro, instead of just other macros.

Could be incredibly powerful in combination with batch files.
Winamp has a feature that lets you copy the path of the current track to the clipboard, so it would allow stuff like:

-Press hotkey to copy path to clipboard
-Launch batch file that reads the path in the clipboard and copies the file to a favourites directory

Or, alternatively, proper scripting in general.

Edit: Figured out a hacky way to do it, would be nice to have the ability to do this from the UI though

Last edited by Blacktronics; 08-31-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 PM
PissedofPirate's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870582
PissedofPirate Reputation: 10

Goddamn localization.
I could translate better than this.

I live in korea, I'm not good at english speaking,
but CUE's localization is even worse.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:43 PM

POST ID # = 870796
DOA Reputation: 10

These are gaming peripherals? Or are they only for artistic expression?
Give me a gaming button for the keyboard/mouse LED's - Game Mode, no lights. Make it big and easy to find. LEDs are fun. But the LED focus of the software is making a mess of what gaming software needs to do. Macros are the bread and butter, work on that page. The old system was not too bad, the new one is pretty clunky and begs the question "why did they fix what ain't broke?".

Give me a "peripheral not found" page with a list of Corsair hardware. Then put a button in to "force find" a certain hardware and if it fails, what to try. The headset would probably be the main use there. Certainly headset/dongle recognition is a problem or there would not be so many posts on it.
Add in a "emergency mode" that bypasses the receiver if the headset is plugged into a USB.

You just got home and peripherals are not working. This is when the test of Gaming vs eye candy comes to the fore. With no real setup experience (you set this up once a few months ago), how fast can you get your headset recognized by Teamspeak and compile your macros for keyboard and mouse?
Don't test with your developers, test with gamers that do NOT use Corsair products. If they stumble with the software, note where and fix it. Maybe one day you will not be able to find someone who has no experience with CUE because it will be that good.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:14 AM
mick51's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870808
mick51 Reputation: 10

Auto-Turn off Backlight of all Corsair Peripherals when PC goes into idle (Monitor black out).

PLEASE!

Old 09-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Coatsey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 870877
Coatsey Reputation: 10

could we have a visual equalizer and also maybe a cpu temperature lighting mode?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:52 AM

POST ID # = 870896

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA View Post
These are gaming peripherals? Or are they only for artistic expression?
Give me a gaming button for the keyboard/mouse LED's - Game Mode, no lights. Make it big and easy to find. LEDs are fun. But the LED focus of the software is making a mess of what gaming software needs to do. Macros are the bread and butter, work on that page.
Just use a profile with no lights for your games.

And for me, I play a lots game and like many others I never needed to use a macro. So macros aren't "the bread and butter" for everyone!

Old 09-15-2016, 12:20 PM

POST ID # = 871436
ZZMidway Reputation: 10

I really really need Maximize & Minimize @keystrokes in order to asign!!!!.

It would be greatly appreciated!!!!.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:22 PM

POST ID # = 872405
radreck Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi all,

I wanted to give an update. I'll probably be sitting down with the developers to discuss future enhancements. If you guys have any suggestions, now is the time to post here so I can pass it along. I will also make this a sticky for now.

Thanks!
Hi,

In a game such as Diablo 3, where I may want to quickly bring up the Character Sheet and then right-click on a position in the inventory to quickly equip the item in that slot, then close the Character Sheet, I would like for my mouse position to return to where it was originally so I can quickly click on the shrine/target or return instantly back to what I was doing with very little interruption from triggering the macro.*

This is currently possible with AutoHotkey and other macro tools. It would be great if CUE could support it. Workflow is like this:

1) Save Current Mouse Position X+Y
2) Keypress <C> (Open Inventory)
3) Move Mouse to slot X+Y
4) Right-Click
5) Keypress <Space> (closes Inventory)
6) Restore saved Mouse Position X+Y

*It would also be nice to lock mouse movement until the macro completes execution and then release movement.