The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 01:19 PM
h1dden87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990840
h1dden87 Reputation: 10

Just throwing my hat in the ring here. I just installed the brand new H100i RGB PLATINUM SE and I am experiencing the same USB disconnect issues. If I set the lighting effect to a static color the problem goes away. Hopefully its fixed soon

Old 01-21-2019, 01:27 PM

POST ID # = 990847
Schu1123 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorePrime View Post
For the record I get the same issue.
How are your fans connected? Are you using a Commander Pro or any other Corsair fan/LED hub?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 AM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990924
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1dden87 View Post
Just throwing my hat in the ring here. I just installed the brand new H100i RGB PLATINUM SE and I am experiencing the same USB disconnect issues. If I set the lighting effect to a static color the problem goes away. Hopefully its fixed soon
I wish it was that easy for me but I cant stand all my devices in a spiral rainbow or whatever their default is.

Pretty sure if I saw that endlessly I would go crazy.

Also are you running a nVidia GPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu1123 View Post
How are your fans connected? Are you using a Commander Pro or any other Corsair fan/LED hub?

Pretty sure it doesn't matter how they are hooked up. It seems like the issue is with iCue due to the CorsairService.... service taking a dump all over itself and being restarted automatically by the iCue software. And I can add my GFs Corsair hardware to this list. She has a RTX2070...the reason neither noticed is because she prefers that look.

The more I think about it the more I think I should dump her before I go full on Jack Nicholon (The Shining/The Departed/Batman/etc) level of crazy on her... :P

Last edited by Waukeen; 01-22-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 AM
Isomelos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990926
Isomelos Reputation: 10

Same issue with 2 different H100i RGB Platinum pumps. I created a new thread not realizing it was such a hot topic here but I wanted to add to this main discussion.

I replaced quite a few parts in my PC thinking that it was a hardware issue or some incompatibility issue after I completed some upgrades. I was mainly using the Spiral Rainbow effect on the pump and fans.

I noticed numerous USB disconnects in many different situations (unplugging/plugging in hardware, installing software, opening programs etc.) however, one thing I did notice was when the issue starts (USB Disconnect, Light Flash, Fan RPM Increases etc), if I open the iCUE software, it isn't showing the fan or pump speeds increasing or decreasing and closing and restarting iCUE resets the issue.

Currently testing static lights to see if there is any change.

*Started using a customized static light theme for the pump and fans and have had zero issues. Installed a few programs, ran some programs that would cause issues previously and still stable.

Last edited by Isomelos; 01-22-2019 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Old 01-22-2019, 04:54 AM
Heartfang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990936
Heartfang Reputation: 10

It seems to be the moving light effects that causes the problem. If you set the light on the pump and fan to one or more static colors it works fine. As soon as you set rainbow or arc effects the disconnects start again.

For me the problem goes away if i restart rhe service from within iCue but only untill i restrt my computer.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:01 AM
morganthomas757's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990941
morganthomas757 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfang View Post
It seems to be the moving light effects that causes the problem. If you set the light on the pump and fan to one or more static colors it works fine. As soon as you set rainbow or arc effects the disconnects start again.

For me the problem goes away if i restart rhe service from within iCue but only untill i restrt my computer.
Although the situation we're all in is very annoying with these USB disconnects, it's nice to know we're not the only ones with the problem. Hopefully Corsair gets their act together and releases and update for iCue sooner rather than later! I didn't spend nearly £250 on upgrading my fan ecosystem with 3x LL120 RGB fans, H100i Platinum RGB, and a Commander Pro for them not to play nicely with each other! :)

Old 01-22-2019, 03:00 PM
h1dden87's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991019
h1dden87 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartfang View Post

yeah can confirm I've been stable for a couple days now just using a the static lighting effect. Really annoying though cause that's not what I paid for. Hopefully its fixed soon

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991064
Default Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganthomas757 View Post
Although the situation we're all in is very annoying with these USB disconnects, it's nice to know we're not the only ones with the problem. Hopefully Corsair gets their act together and releases and update for iCue sooner rather than later! I didn't spend nearly £250 on upgrading my fan ecosystem with 3x LL120 RGB fans, H100i Platinum RGB, and a Commander Pro for them not to play nicely with each other! :)
I'm sorry to let you know that before I downgraded the software version I also checked it without the multi-color lights option I set up and the USB disconnect
glitch did hit me there. This could be due to any number of things on my end but the disconnect didn't happen as often when I turned them off.

Sadly, as I as got the Obsidian 500D case now I am, for the first time, considering going with the H100i or the H115i, which means I will be even more invested in Corsair for my system build if I do that.

Even though this issue is still not acknowledged by the devs I am still going to buy their products as long as they avoid going the way of Logitech and start having crap support and getting products that are DOA...3 times... screw the G710+ and the G700s.

I just wish they would poke their heads in here and start looking/asking for information so they can reproduce this error on their test systems and fix it. All they need to do is start asking us for information about this if we have it. Im sure all of us here would be happy to help solve this error.

Common guys (Devs) pick up the ball and start running with it.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:12 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 991135
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say we are running tests to identify the root cause and are working on a solution. This is a high priority issue with the team and hope to have a solution soon.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:49 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say we are running tests to identify the root cause and are working on a solution. This is a high priority issue with the team and hope to have a solution soon.
THANK YOU...FINALLY you guys come in here and informed us. So the question is, is there anything you all need from us to help diagnose this? Also so the place to start looking is at the service itself.

Last edited by Waukeen; 01-23-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 PM
Preemz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991152
Preemz Reputation: 10

+1 on the issues expressed here. Thanks for the update, Jam. Glad to know the H115i Platinum RGB I purchased over the holidays isn't defective!

Old 01-24-2019, 12:42 AM
EXile
exile85x's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991168
exile85x Reputation: 10
Default I'm so happy i found someone else having same issue with case and build

i currently have myself on a gigbyte z370 G7 MB & Asus Gtx 1080 Strix & Thermaltake Riing Psu on a i7 8700k but i'm running case wise corsair 500d rgb SE with Corsair's 3 LL 120mm rbg fan's in front then bought the corsair h100i rgb platinum cooler & took the new ML fan's off & bought a 3 pack of the LL fan's to complete my whole rgb build but..... everything work's well only thing im not sure with is where i have the corsair commander pro, I have taken the 2 fan's that are on the Rad of the cooler and plugged those 2 my commander pro and left the 2 fan connector's that's connected to the water dye itself empty. Thing's seem to be going smooth that way.. ive tried both and haven't noticed that i couldn't it even lets u change the DYE settings of the RGB's from ML fan's which is what comes stock 2 the LL fan's so seem's like it should be ok on that just wasn't sure if anyone knew right off... Other then that Yes i have been getting the USB plug & unplug sound getting it as i type this now would like to know before i can't send this cooler back if its a hardware issue or a software. Seem's software based to me because cooler keep's temp's and so on under control.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:29 AM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991172

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile85x View Post
i currently have myself on a gigbyte z370 G7 MB & Asus Gtx 1080 Strix & Thermaltake Riing Psu on a i7 8700k but i'm running case wise corsair 500d rgb SE with Corsair's 3 LL 120mm rbg fan's in front then bought the corsair h100i rgb platinum cooler & took the new ML fan's off & bought a 3 pack of the LL fan's to complete my whole rgb build but..... everything work's well only thing im not sure with is where i have the corsair commander pro, I have taken the 2 fan's that are on the Rad of the cooler and plugged those 2 my commander pro and left the 2 fan connector's that's connected to the water dye itself empty. Thing's seem to be going smooth that way.. ive tried both and haven't noticed that i couldn't it even lets u change the DYE settings of the RGB's from ML fan's which is what comes stock 2 the LL fan's so seem's like it should be ok on that just wasn't sure if anyone knew right off... Other then that Yes i have been getting the USB plug & unplug sound getting it as i type this now would like to know before i can't send this cooler back if its a hardware issue or a software. Seem's software based to me because cooler keep's temp's and so on under control.

Its a software issue. Install iCue 3.1.133 been working fine for me besides the fact that you lose some functionality they added since that version.

And as for a commonality between all these systems...I still say its an issue with how the software talks to nVidia GPU cards since I have yet to see anyone with this issue who has an AMD card. If someone proves me wrong then great but my money is on that being the issue.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:33 PM
Newlec's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991485
Newlec Reputation: 10

First forums post ever ..... ok installed corsair 100i platinum was working fine 2hrs ish then I updated the unit .....update failed now pump sounds like a jet engine no rgb on the pump and fans Usb drops out every 30 sec is this a rma or do I bin my old z77 mobo setup or software

Old 01-27-2019, 02:05 AM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlec View Post
First forums post ever ..... ok installed corsair 100i platinum was working fine 2hrs ish then I updated the unit .....update failed now pump sounds like a jet engine no rgb on the pump and fans Usb drops out every 30 sec is this a rma or do I bin my old z77 mobo setup or software
From the sounds of what you said it sounds like you might have bricked the unit but I do not know if that device has firmware. This sounds like you might need to make a call to support. On the flip side if it *IS* the issue the rest of us are having then welcome to the club brother good to have you :P

Good luck and do let us know how it turns out.