Corsair Community

TwinX1024-3200PT, still having trouble w/ new mobo

hlygrail

(This is new thread spawned off this one [http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=222533] where I was previously testing on a DFI Infinity motherboard.)

I'm now using:

Abit AN8

AMD A64 3500+

Seasonic S12-430 (430W, dual-12V rails)

2 HDD, DVD-RW

Corsair TWINX1024-3200PT

Ok, 12 hours of memtest turned up more errors in test #8, and I had additional problems loading and sustaining Windows XP Pro last night. I conclude that this memory is bad, or the CPU is somehow hosed. Only reason I even consider the CPU is the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD+reboot loop I was in after loading the first half of WinXP. Backing down the memory to DDR333 got me through that, but it's still not stable.

When I attempted to load the nForce4 chipset drivers, I IMMEDIATELY got a bluescreen. Second attempt worked with me not loading the IDE drivers, but after reboot, I get a lovely "PCI.SYS corrupted" screen and have to go to repair.

I will try a WinXP+SP1 disc now, but after that I need to get this memory replaced. Ram Guy, is it faster to do it through you, or back through Newegg?

So I slapped in one stick of my TwinX1024-4400C25 and everything seems peachy now. No BSOD, WinXP loads fine with all BIOS settings at "Auto." I'd say that's a pretty strong finger pointed at the -3200PT pair.

So I loaded all 3 versions of XP on here just to test -- XP Pro base, XP Pro+SP1 and XP Pro+SP2. All three work fine with this 512MB stick and no other changes to the system as listed above.

Please confirm *fastest* way to get an RMA -- this box should have been built already. RMA to Newegg or to you, Ram Guy ??

... tell him C:\anything is NOT the best place to serve up web apps -- especially from an IIS server. (/me shudders... /me does network security consulting on the side...) One could glean quite a bit of hackable information from that SQL dump, too.

Thanks, the "product not listed" bug is fixed. We're working on getting a 2nd drive in the server to serve the web apps off of.. not to worry.

Better error reporting is also on the menu.. ie: user gets a simple error screen, admin gets a detailed email :)

Thanks for the feedback though.

As for the missing parts, I have forwarded the issue to the powers that be.

Thanks,

Mitch

:laughcry: :laughcry: :headbang: :headbang: :shakeit: :shakeit: :hihi: :hihi: :thinking: :thinking: :asskick: :asskick: :beatchair :beatchair :dunno: :dunno: :nutkick: :nutkick: :stickpoke :stickpoke :whip: :whip:

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :bsflag:

Archived