Corsair Community

Commander pro, rgb, icue question

AP1916

Ok, so I've been coming to this forum as a great source of information for awhile now, and I am sorry for asking what I am sure the regular contributors have answered about 45 million times over.

I read through the sticky thread FAQ, which is fantastic by the way, and I think I understand what I need to do, but I just wanted to ask to be sure.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered all my parts, and as I was doing so, I was thinking, "why would I pay an extra 30 dollars for a triple pack of fans instead of just buying three single packs?" Well, my answer now seems obvious... the triple packs include the LED hub...

Anyway, to the question. My build is going in a 500D RGB. Commander pro included. neat. I am also top mounting the H115I and replacing the stock fans on the cooler with two LL 140mm. The rear exhaust fan will be a LL 120 mm.. (total of 6 LL series fans).

My understanding, in order to make that work / sync correctly and be able to control it all with software, is that I cannot just plug them into the commander pro. I need to get the hub, have all of those fans connected to the RGB LED hub also and then plugged into the LED port on the commander pro, yes? Since they are the same style fan, I should be able to use One LED Hub, correct?

O

My understanding, in order to make that work / sync correctly and be able to control it all with software, is that I cannot just plug them into the commander pro. I need to get the hub, have all of those fans connected to the RGB LED hub also and then plugged into the LED port on the commander pro, yes? Since they are the same style fan, I should be able to use One LED Hub, correct?

That is correct. And, if you get the multipack, you'll have a Lighting Node Pro to spare.

Thanks! Couple of follow ups.

First, what is your experience with corsair's express shipping? There's not really anything reliable listed for an ETA.

Also, since I don't have these fans yet, I'm not sure how long the wires are. Would it be worth it to just get two LED hubs (for front and back fans) to make the wires easier to manage? Or is that not really a thing?

I have no experience with the Express Shipping, sorry.

The wires are pretty long. Up to you if you want to get an additional Fan Hub ... it will, however, take up another channel unless you get or make a Fan Hub Splitter. Not sure if you have plans for the second Lighting Channel or not.

Thanks again!

No plans for more than one RGB channel. So if the wires are long enough, one hub is totally fine.

Pretty sure I can find good info on where to place the temp sensors, and everything i'm seeing points to having the top mounted 115i set up as exhaust.

I think i only have one question remaining. It seems to make sense to me to have the cooler connected to the mb header, with the new fans connected to the pump (not the copro), but then just run the rgb wires from the 140s to the hub and then into the copro, right? So out of the 6 fans (including those on the 115i), 4 would be in the copro, but all 6 would be going through the rgb led hub?

I feel like this would allow the cooler fans to be controlled how they normally would, but also allow lighting to see synced.

Archived