Corsair Community

issue

Nighted

The software for this mouse is terrible and never gets updated. The way it has been going I doubt it ever will.

I was having a problem where I could not set the DPI for the lowest setting. I could move the slider and it would remember the setting but not actually work from the mouse.

So I read these forums and tried updating the firmware. Well, nice process Corsair, I now have a $90 piece of junk sitting on my desk that I now can not return because it happened just after 30 days. Also I noticed that I have no receipt, only a packing slip. I go and look in my box of receipts and notice that for the last few months my retailer has only been giving me packing slips...NOT RECEIPTS!

So now, not only can't I get a refund, I can't even get a replacement from Corsair (that I wouldn't want now).

Well, to sum it up I'm not very happy and doubt I'll buy another Corsair product again because if this.

I put in an RMA anyway, but I must waste even more money to return it and then what do I get in return? The same thing that I would never buy again? lol

It's a catch 22!

I downloaded and used this: M60110711v107

I probably do qualify for a replacement. My point is why? This same issue likely persists since I'll be stuck with the same drivers and firmware.

Best case scenario I get a new replacement and sell it for a loss.

How long does it take to get an RMA around here?

Corsair has my money, I have a paper weight. Let's get the ball rolling and send me out a new mouse, maybe by fall I can get the replacement and sell it, maybe making %30-%40 of the total cost of the mouse + tax + shipping + shipping again to Corsair. I won't even bother adding the amount of the cost of buying another mouse, which I now must do, because that puts me in the hole. So I figure in the end this Corsair M60 Vengeance will have cost me about $200 not including my time.

Where is my vengeance Corsair?

Well it looks like I'm going to get a refund from my retailer.

Thanks Corsair, it's been a wonderful 30 days. I wish you the best of luck in the future, but I promise you will never see my money again and I will vehemently advise all I encounter against your products.

• Corsair Employee

What is your case number so I can review your RMA request right away?

Please make sure you are using software version 2.12:

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/M60_setup_beta2.12_010612.zip

The device does not have a firmware update for it. Your device will have the latest firmware loaded on it.

If your system does not show the drive and you had confirm on another system, you issue is very rare in having a DOA device. I would suggest contacting your re seller for a exchange. Like I said is very very very rare to have a mouse that does not work right out of the box.

What is your case number so I can review your RMA request right away?

Like I said is very very very rare to have a mouse that does not work right out of the box.

I don't have a case number. I have received no reply.

The mouse worked fine until I came to this forum looking for a fix for the deficient software/driver. As per a Corsair representatives advise on this forum, I tried flashing the mouse. Well that procedure bricked my mouse. I'll reiterate for the Google scraper: Corsair M60 Vengeance Mouse bricked by firmware update.

I certainly do not want anther one considering nothing has changed with the software in several months. Luckily I'm able to return it, on my dime, and get some store credit.

I really wanted to like this mouse, and it was great until Corsair's firmware bricked it.

Correct the device does not have a firmware update. That link provided is a firmware re flash of the current firmware that is on the device.

Well, whatever. Thanks to that suggestion (by you I believe) I now have had to spend more money to return the mouse. Also I must spend time looking for another suitable replacement.

Too bad I don't have the time or energy to waste on a $70 liable suit.

I think Corsair should have stuck to RAM.

It is inexcusable that the software is in the state that it is. Maybe when you research a product that relies on software, you will consider more competent coders in the future.

You really don't read this stuff do you Ram Guy? Hey Corsair, I have over 30 years programming experience, and over 10 years experience in building computer systems and servers. Give me this guys job.

Archived