Corsair Community

Help with ram speed

Evanus

So I have the CMR16GX4M2C3466C16 memory set, and as you can see it's meant to work at 3466Mhz. Well, I can't even get it stable at 3066Mhz. My motherboard is the Asus Prime X370 Pro, and I have a Ryzen 1700 CPU. I've already tried changing basically every setting in my bios, nothing works. Help please! :[pouts:

Oh, and it was even on the QVL of the motherboard...

Please double check at what frequency it was tested in the QVL, because many kits get listed with a lower frequency because of platform or MB limitations. For example my CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 are only listed with DOCP3200 in the QVL for the ASUS Prime X370-Pro.

You might get them to work at higher frequencies than listed, but that usually requires full manual settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue. it works fine using DOCP with 3200mhz but i'm concern because in the BIOS it list my memory at 2133 even though i'm using DOCP setting. opened a case with ASUS and we are currently trying to figure it out but they seem confused of about what i'm talking about.they never mention using only 1 stick but we have been emailing back and forward for about a week now. it was finally sent to a supervisor which request the same information all over again. BTW i'm using the latest BIOS 0902.

The BIOS might show the default speed for the modules which is the standard profile for DDR4-2133 and ignore the XMP speed. It is the same with the Max Bandwidth in CPU-Z. However you can check the actual memory frequency in CPU-Z memory tab, where it is reported as DRAM frequency (should be 1600MHz for DDR4-3200).

If DOCP fails to achieve stable settings, most of the time full manual settings are the way to go with Ryzen.

Archived