Corsair Community

Arabic Mechanical Keyboards

WlaadDyaab

Hello,

Just wondering if Corsair are thinking/considering making multi-language mechanical keyboards for e.g. Arabic language?

No one in the mechanical keyboard market has considered that as far as I know

What I mean by "Arabic mechanical keyboard" is: key caps have English letters in top-left corner, and Arabic letters in bottom-right corner

And just like all mechanical keyboards, you get light shining through both English and Arabic words so you could see what key caps you're pressing in the dark

Thanks

Oh okay thanks for the reply

To be honest I'm not very good with business as a subject, or understanding the whole thing in general. I'm just interested in the techical part of things, etc

What I do know is that lots of Arabic people are looking forward to-, but still waiting for such a product

So my question is, is it about the 'guarantee' of product purchase that companies such as Corsair are looking for in order to proceed with the manufacture of that product - in the form of just companies as clients? Or is it just about profit in general?

Because if it's just about profit, I personally think there is demand for multi-language mechanical keyboards. Or at least that's the point of view of just a normal person interested in technology?

Really it's mostly about the demand. They don't want to produce keyboards and then not be able to sell them because not many people buy them. You would probably be better off buying a standard english version of the keyboard and then buying arabic keycaps for them, and then switching your keyboard language to an arabic layout.

Already done that using clear stickers and using the other ones. The letters usually wear off in about 3 months of usage

The keyboards that lasted long for me were the ones that had English/Arabic letters permanently etched on them in the manufacturing process. Until there was too much crap inbetween the keycaps, or when it had missing key caps because of the kids, etc (where I had to buy another one)

The issue is that I can't buy a mechanical keyboard just because of the fact that none of them have Arabic on them. I'm not that interested in the gaming side of mechanical keyboards. I'm interested in productivity and things like for example, having seperate profiles where certain key caps are lit with different colours (that I choose) than the rest i.e. "for this video editing program I've got that setting." "For this compiler, I've got that setting (basically shortcuts are lit with different colours)", or "for that game, I've got these shortcuts only lit (or with a different colour than the rest)", etc

And the most basic function of them all that I've been searching for in the non-existing Arabic mechanical keyboard is to simply have key caps that are backlit showing both English and Arabic letters in the dark Lol. That's all

You can't get that in membrane keyboards. That only exists on mechanical keyboards as far as I know

Anyways, I just thought it worthwhile to post something about this topic somewhere at least. And Corsair seemed like the best place, so thanks a lot for your time

• 10 months later...
Hello.. Did you find what you were looking for? Same here. Searching for Arabic key caps for my K70 RGB!

Nope not yet. Just looking around trying to catch the latest news on new mechanical keyboards that are coming out just in case there's one that's providing a multi-language layout of some kind (hoping that Arabic is one of them).

Nope not yet. Just looking around trying to catch the latest news on new mechanical keyboards that are coming out just in case there's one that's providing a multi-language layout of some kind (hoping that Arabic is one of them).

You can order key caps from WASD with a custom layout designed by you. But unfortunately AFAIK they aren't LED compatible, in other words they are regular key caps with letters printed on them.

• 1 month later...
You can order key caps from WASD with a custom layout designed by you. But unfortunately AFAIK they aren't LED compatible, in other words they are regular key caps with letters printed on them.

That's true. I also - before posting this thread - searched that particular WASD custom keycap company.

The main topic, or my main concern is that I wanted backlighting as well as Arabic in the keycap design. Or on a keycap.

To me personally, I don't see any difference - in terms of importance (to spend extra money) not in terms of performance - between a normal membrane keyboard and a mechanical keyboard if there's no backlighting on a multi-language keyboard.

My point of view/claim/case/reason for asking such a question is that there's a lot of companies who make mechanical keyboards. Most of them are too concentrated on fancy RGB lights, newer switches, new keycap shapes, newer firmware updates, extra buttons, etc.

Hasn't it come to anyone's mind or their attention that a multi-language mechanical keyboard with backlighting is also an option?

If you're gonna claim that "there's no market for that", then go to anyone of the Gulf countries, get a rough estimate on the demand for multi-language mechanical keyboards. I assure you that you'll see there's a huge market full of programmers, gamers, multimedia people, and all sorts of computer enthusiasts who are more than willing to spend a bit *more than an average* on a keyboard. It really is that practical and useful.

After you get your share of the $$ then think about us Arabic people at Europe (where the market may be less popular for multi-language mechanical keyboards), and I have the feeling that you will get a decent balance of profit from here and there and everyone will be happy, right? I hope so anyways

(Don't worry avatarraq, I'm directing this strong "persuasive" conversation to some kind of a company that's watching this thread not you Lol (I'm also hoping that it could be...Corsair...maybe...?...))

I get your points and agree with you. A company can make a custom keycap set with Arabic legends and sell them for extra money as a keyboard accessory, so they profit from both the keyboard and the keycaps. I am willing to shed $40-50 for a custom backlight-compatible keycap set with Arabic legends, even more if the keycaps are PBT or POM double-shot. BTW I live in Iraq and shipping my Corsair K70 RGB from Amazon.com costed me extra $70 dollars! So I am more than willing to shed extra $$ for keycaps.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nah not yet. I keep hearing that WASD can make all sorts of custom mechanical keyboards. When I go on their website it seems to me that I would have to buy a couple of their keyboards in order to physically see them in front of me as to whether they really are backlit or not, etc.

There's also Bluetooth Arabic backlit keyboards, but they're not mechanical keyboards. Dell also makes Arabic backlit keyboards for many laptop models, and again, they're not mechanical keyboards. The new Apple MacBook Pros (maybe the older ones too. I'm not too sure on that) provide the option of buying a ready made Arabic/English backlit keyboard, but it's still not a mechanical keyboard.

I've settled on a normal Arabic keyboard and a mouse with a KM switch (similar to a KVM switch, only that you need the mouse and keyboard only) connected to it as well as another device such as a Raspberry Pie or other PCs or laptops, etc. The name of that KM switch is ELECOM PC KM Switch KM-A22BBK if you're interested. And obviously there are many more KM Switch variants available too.

Since my last post on this forum, one company after the next have only concentrated on manufacturing mechanical keyboards with more RGB features, and in my opinion, nothing new or pragmatic has been introduced.

So if Corsair and other competing mechanical keyboard manufacturing companies focus on the silent majority (pragmatic people all around the world, and not just only the ones who live in the US), I think that the "pragmatic market" has not been ventured into yet.

You've only concentrated on the enthusiasts and the gamers. They may seem to make the majority, but have you considered the millions of developers who make all that happen, as customers as well? Have you also considered competing with ergonomic keyboards and the like?

It's not all about fancy RGB lights in my opinion. Just like there is some progress in making mechanical key caps less audible (i.e. almost silent typing on the mechanical keyboard. And that's one of many improvements worth mentioning over the RGB stuff in my opinion), there is more room for progress and competition in other areas that are not based on fancier RGB lighting only.

Archived