Corsair Community

New iCue v3.16.56 problem

Baio

First problem I'm experiencing with this software since I use it.

With last version every 2-3 reboots it looses the custom fan curves I set for AIO and CoPro. I does not affect light effects for both devices.

Installed through sogtware's internal update.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Baio

Unfortunately, this is referenced in the patch notes and is a version specific issue. It was suggested the resolution will be in 3.17. I am not sure we have a handle on the trigger. Some users have better luck manually quitting iCUE before shutdown or sleep. It has only happened to me once and never again. If it becomes chronic, you may need to go back to iCUE 3.14. For now, make sure you back up the C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder to a safe place. Inside that Corsair/iCUE folder are the fan curves that can be dropped back into and iCUE restarted to recover, rather than redoing them all.

It happens at shutdown - for some reason, the file where the fan curve configurations are kept is cleared out. When iCUE starts back up, those curves aren't there and everything is reset to the default.

As c-attack mentioned, one solution is to close iCUE before you shut down. This seems to help. Also, make a backup of your iCUE configuration for those times when you forget to do this and iCUE decides it's going to eat your fan curves.

Thanks for your replies. I'm gonna backup the folder, hoping the next release will resolve.

Baio

Yeah, you and me both.

Right now, I have iCUE set to not start with Windows. I check the folder (specifically %AppData%\Corsair\CUE\cooling) to see if the "configurations" file in there is zero-length. If it is, that means that iCUE has been snacking on my fan curves. Drop the file in from backup, start iCUE ... good to go.