Corsair Community

AX860i - Question on Self Test

Owl

Hi all!

I’ve just bought the AX860i PSU and have a question concerning the self test option.

How to perform the test in a correct way? The Manual suggests simply pressing the test button without explanation how long a user should hold it pressed. If I push and release the test button the fan is rotated for a short period but the control LED does not light on. If I push and hold the button during about a second or a bit more I get a green light together with the fan rotation.

I tried to hold the pressed button during about 20 s. The fan did not stop its rotation, only the rotation speed was decreased. The light was green all the time when the button was pressed.

What test method of mentioned above is more correct? And what do you say about the PSU condition according to my tests?

Sorry for my imperfect English.

Thanks

Peanutz94, thanks for the reply.

You have to make sure you have no cables attached to the PSU when performing the self test.

I performed the test without cables attached.

Are you having stability issues that made you want to test it?

I have not connected the PSU to MB yet.

I think it is a good practice to test the unit before installation into a computer case.

My question is in the following: how to perform the test in a correct way? Should I press and then immediately release the button. Or I have to press and hold the button until getting the green or red light (or nothing).

I pressed and held the button during about a second or maybe a little bit more to get the green light. A method "press and immediately release" doesn't work.

The User manual (including the official translation to my mother tongue) does not clear this point.

hi, a probleme question about this test...

i push the self test bouton (without any cable connect)... the fan start speed, then slow down... the green light apear... then if i wait beetwen 5 and 20s (diferent test always same in final result).... i hear a "clic" then the red goes red....

=> is it normal that the red led apear on ending test ? or my AX1200i is down ?

but why did the PSU goes red sometime after 5secondes... or sometime 20secondes...

not : i try the test because of my computer loop reboot sudanely, and look like the psu is the cause... (i change PSU and computer works perfect), so i try the PSU test befor sending back for repair... i thinks it's very strange for a test to goes RED after some second (stop the test ok, but goes red and stop the test look like indicate there a probleme no ?

try the test because of my computer loop reboot sudanely, and look like the psu is the cause... (i change PSU and computer works perfect),

Well this information should have been in your first post and changes everything. Sorry then , you are correct. That is not normal. I would have it RMA'd

Well this information should have been in your first post and changes everything. Sorry then , you are correct. That is not normal. I would have it RMA'd

i dont say it to stay in the first subject of the topics "the good test" ;)

that's why my question was "is it normal to have a red led at the end of the test"... or should it stay green always (or just shut down the test)...

so i've my answer so, red = bad => so RMA. oki thanks ;)

Archived