Corsair Community

AX860i and random shutdowns followed by bootloop

Theri

Corsair great service as usual have offered me an HX850i as a replacement RMA PSU.

I have accepted and can't complain about that !

Although it is a cheaper model, I don't care about that, and hoping that this model by a different manufacturer will play nicely with my Gigabyte motherboard.

Great stuff Corsair. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Update, the replacement HX850i PSU arrived yesterday, so out goes the RM550X (back into storage) and installed the new one.

All is fine so far....:D:

However, one question:

With the cables is the USB cable to connect to the USB port on the PSU and then into a USB2 port on the motherboard for the Link software to monitor.

But, there is another slim cable where one end would connect to the digital port on the PSU, but I cannot find where the very small connector on the other end is fitted to ?

Would it be used to connect to the USB Dongle as supplied with the AX860i, which I don't have, and would (if I wanted to) I have to buy this separately to use this cable ?

Not sure why this cable is supplied if I don't have anything to plug it in to....:D:

Unless I am missing something....:confused:

But, there is another slim cable where one end would connect to the digital port on the PSU, but I cannot find where the very small connector on the other end is fitted to ?

If you have a CLCC you can use this to connect the PSU to one of the C-Link ports.

You should only use one of the connectors, never both.

The cable would fit into a USB Dongle, but there is no point in doing this as the PSU has a USB port and I further suspect it would not work as the AXi control protocol is different to the HXi/RMi protocol.

Thanks mate, I will just make do with the USB connected from psu to motherboard.

Yep the HX850i and AX860i are totally different internals. so I suppose the extra cable is supplied just in case needed.

I am not going to fork out some £48 for the Commander thingy, and the Link software shows me what the PSU is up to.

I was just curious. :D:

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I bought a new AX860i from Amazon (said Corsair) and in the box it said CERTIFIED REFURBISHED.

My computer runs for 20mins and then shutsdown and goes into very quick bootloops.

I think something is bad with this model and tech, I've seen many people reporting this bootloop issue.

Im buying an Assus PSU instead.

• 4 weeks later...

okay, I am having the same issue but I know why. AX860i, worked flawlessly since 2014 ?

X6nrszn.png

Earlier today I turned off OCP in Icue and my system started bootloops.

So I disconnected the usb connection from the PSU and uninstalled icue.

I installed Link instead to check if it works and it does but once I restart my pc and start the Link my pc reboots but here there is no bootlopp since link doesnt start with windows like Icue.

I linked an img of HWInfo pulling data from my PSU and One of the raids is reporting 59amps ?!?!

this isnt correct right ?? because this is during idle status.

When I opened up a game the other PCIe connectors worked properly, they were peaking 15-16amps but the defective connection reporting 59amps stayed.

TLDR:uninstall icue and disconnect ur psu from USB.

Is there a fix to it or is the sensor on my PSU busted ?

I cant turn off OCP anymore because Icue detects the 59amps as over 40Amp limit and rebootloops the pc...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I know I am late to replying to this post, it just happened to me recently. I did some test. I believe that the 24 pin on my PSU is really sensitive. I have to angle it every time so that it wouldn't shut down. I even bought a spare PSU(CORSAIR VS650) and for the past 6 months, I didn't have any shut downs at all. I asked my friend to test my AX860i to his rig, since his rig consumes more power, he had no shut downs or even red lights on the PSU. He didn't use my wires though so there's that. These PSU shut downs have been driving me crazy for almost a year now. I was happy to just let my 860i sit in storage and just switch to VS650 but then again, I am still running test. Might buy a separate 24 pin cable. Hopefully that works. I found it useful to angle my 24 pin(the one connected to the PSU) upwards not downwards.

• 4 weeks later...
I know I am late to replying to this post, it just happened to me recently. I did some test. I believe that the 24 pin on my PSU is really sensitive. I have to angle it every time so that it wouldn't shut down. I even bought a spare PSU(CORSAIR VS650) and for the past 6 months, I didn't have any shut downs at all. I asked my friend to test my AX860i to his rig, since his rig consumes more power, he had no shut downs or even red lights on the PSU. He didn't use my wires though so there's that. These PSU shut downs have been driving me crazy for almost a year now. I was happy to just let my 860i sit in storage and just switch to VS650 but then again, I am still running test. Might buy a separate 24 pin cable. Hopefully that works. I found it useful to angle my 24 pin(the one connected to the PSU) upwards not downwards.

I have been lucky as the 2x12 cable is rock solid on my Corsair modular power supplies.

If you can scrape it up the HXi series are very good