Corsair Community

H150i problems

IM_NICK_JONES

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forums. But I purchased an h150i to go along with my new 500D RGB SE case, and I'm having some issues with it. about 50% of the time when I Start up my PC it goes to default RGB and fan settings. strangely though, and it is detected by icue, but not accurately. it shows that the RGB is working within the software, but the device itself is back to default settings. and the fan speeds within the icue software are usually "frozen" at roughly 600rpm. unplugging and plugging the usb mini A on the pump always immediately fixes this issue and makes everything work correctly, but this is not something I should have to do. I have tried plugging it into multiple USB headers on both my motherboard and on my commander pro and the issue is the same. is it possible I have been given a faulty USB cable? this issue is very frustrating. thank you!

I've got similar issues with my H150i. Except all my fans readouts get frozen. No fix that I can find other than a complete shutdown and startup. A restart doesn't fix it.

Did you try restarting the service (go to Settings ... restart service)?

Also, if it continues to happen, please check "Enable Debug Logging" and post the logs after it happens.

Restarting the service has no effect. Restarting the app itself has weirdness, when it comes back up my H150i and the Vengeance Pro ram aren't detected. I have to do a full shut down and restart.

Edit: Got a bunch of these in the Event Logs.

"Faulting application name: Corsair.Service.exe, version: 3.8.0.16, time stamp: 0x5bb3503d

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x5ea0e53d

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x001117d2

Faulting process id: 0x238

Faulting application start time: 0x01d47324ea1e9436

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 715d7f89-4385-41cb-a761-5e73cd948992

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: "

"Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.8.91.0, time stamp: 0x5bb5f853

Faulting module name: iCUE.exe, version: 3.8.91.0, time stamp: 0x5bb5f853

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000fa469

Faulting process id: 0xb3c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4736d826e3d81

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe

Report Id: 78c5ae50-eb92-445c-804e-8102dbe1283d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: "

"Application: Corsair.Service.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException

at CpuIdWrapper.Windows8.CpuIdSdkWindows8.ReadSMBus(Int32, Byte, UInt32, Byte ByRef)

at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramLedDeviceBase.ReadSMBusWithoutRetries(Byte, Byte ByRef)

at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramRgbProLedDevice.ReadCommand(CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramRgbProCommand)

at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramRgbProLedDevice+<SafeReadCommand>d__7e.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+MoveNextRunner.InvokeMoveNext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+MoveNextRunner.Run()

at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaitTaskContinuation.RunOrScheduleAction(System.Action, Boolean, System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.FinishContinuations()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.FinishStageThree()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[system.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].TrySetResult(System.Threading.Tasks.VoidTaskResult)

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+DelayPromise.Complete()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c.<Delay>b__274_1(System.Object)

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()

at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()

at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireQueuedTimerCompletion(System.Object)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()"

I unplugged the three ML fans from the H150i and connected them to a second CoPro I had. All the monitoring issues I was having seemed to have disappeared and I can now export the logs without the .zip file corrupting.

H150i defective? It's a brand new unit that's only ever been in this system built about 5 weeks ago.

New log file attached.

icue.zip

Archived