Corsair Community

Hx750 fan

bootsy1

Hi all, had a third replacement sent to me because of three failed psu`s and this one a second hand Hx750 (not sealed box, box torn used conectors ect) the noise from the fan that goes to full blast every couple of mins is awful. I have a server case with four fans and very good airflow, my cpu runs very cool so not sure why the psu does this, tried taking the sides of the case off and when the fan goes mad felt the psu and its cool to the touch, i should add that this is with the pc doing nothing it makes no difference if i load it or not. First psu was a Hx620 that was very good and pretty quite but started making a popping noise and then big bang and died after about two years, second replacement a Hx650 did the same as first but after about two weeks, third replacement had the chirping noise and now this Hx750 that sounds like a jet taking of every couple of mins. Whats going on Corsair!

• 2 weeks later...
After four rma`s and still ending up with a second hand very noisey psu i have removed the Hx750 from my computer, i could not put up with that noise anymore.I am not prepared to go through removing all my cable management ect then send it off and the chances are get another faulty unit. I have for the moment put in a spare psu i have but will look for another brand of premium psu to fit in.

Id call customer service, explain you are on your 4th defective unit and ask for an upgrade to the AX series PSU. Your hx750 is a CWT sourced unit, Id press for the upgrade and go for the AX760 which is a Seasonic sourced unit.

Thanks for the reply zomgtruth, i need modular psu`s not sure if the Ax760 is, i have spent way to much in time and money on this and allthough some people say you can phone customer services using Skype for free you cant from the Uk and i am not going to spend a penny more.I have a lot of corsair stuff ie cases,memory, psu`s ect (i have five computers at home and four at the office) and the only problem i have had is with this psu so i think i will just call it quits and look for a different make. I think the last straw for me was getting a second hand unit the last rma and there being a problem with that.

Thank you for taking the time to respond Mr Ram Guy, with what i have gone through with these units the only way i would do another rma is if i could be told before what unit would be sent as a replacement so i could check to see if there were any problems with that unit and then if there are make sure i dont get a problem psu. I hope you would understand my reasons for this. I have fitted the faulty noisey unit in one of the office pc`s the staff have moaned about the noise but because of this i would like to do an advanced rma so i can check the replacement out before returning the noisey one. I believe you need my credit card info to do that, maybe i could fax it? to avoid the expensive phone call. To end on a positive note as you only see problems on forums, the last rma that was picking up a faulty psu and it being returned to Corsair, then sending the replacement and me receiving it in three days! did Corsair hire the space shuttle or something?

Hi Mr Ram Guy, thanks for the reply, you cant use Skype for free from the Uk unless it is another Skype registered user ie calling a name not a telephone number. What about the rest of my request`s can you do those?

Hi Mr Peanutz94, i thought he was just talking about setting up the advanced rma, not the other points, i was just thinking of not bothering with the advanced rma (i can understand why thats not possible without a phonecall)

I understand, but all your other requests would need to go through CS as well.

(i can understand why thats not possible without a phonecall)

It's because of credit card security reasons is why. Sorry, i wish they had another way for you...

Thanks for the reply Mr Peanutz94, i can fully understand that for an advanced rma they would need a phone call for credit card info thats why i said to forget the advanced rma, i thought that maybe after four rma`s they might of been able to sort the other things for me. As i said before i am not going to spend anymore money on this as i have spent enough to have bought a new psu allready and i dont want to risk more time ect sending this one back maybe only to receive another psu with a problem. I will find another premium brand of psu to replace this one with and hope that will be the end of it. Thank you Mr Peanutz94 and Mr Ram Guy for your time.

I'm certainly sorry you feel that way. A simple phone call would get this cleared up and I'm sure they would take care of you. It's just that even your other requests would also need to go through CS too. Sorry, i wish there was another way.

They aren't refusing any of your requests as of yet and would be happy to set up the advanced RMA. With the amount of issues you have had i bet they would be willing to work something out with you as far as your other requests. But you have to give them the chance to clear this up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

The fan is controlled internally in the PSU and will come on as needed to cool the unit. Newer models support fan less operation and when its under a light load it may have a slight clicking sound this is normal as the fan begins to spin up.

And you can call the toll free number from any where on the planet for free using skype I know this to be true because I use it when ever I travel. And there is not too many places I have not been....

Thank you for the info Mr Ram Guy, i have Skype on a Iphone 5 and if i try to call the toll free number for Corsair it wants me to buy credits to do so, i can call other users with a Skype user name for free but not a telephone number. If anyone has called the toll free number for Corsair from the Uk using Skype and it was free i would love to no how they did it.

Thanks for the reply Mr Ram Guy, i have tried on my laptop as well as my Iphone, both the same Skype wants you to buy credits. I have used my Iphone and laptop when abroad to call friends but using a user name not a number and that was free. The Skype web site does say you should be able to call the toll free number for free using Skype but it does not work for me. Lots of people on the Skype forums saying they have the same problem. But thats a Skype problem not Corsair`s.

Archived