Corsair Community

Corsair H100 Problem

davidb89

Hello,

I just got my H100 yesterday and installed it, the temps are coming up too high; 50c idle and more than 60c load. I did not do any overclocking as everything in the BIOS is on default settings.

The radiator is too hot from one side only where the tubing is.

Could it be possible that the loop is blocked somewhere inside so that no cooled liquid goes back??

My rig is:

Asus Crosshair Formula IV

AMD 1090T

G.Skill Ram 2x4GB 1600

Radeon 6870

Corsair TX850

WD Caviar Black 1 TB

in a NZXT Phantom with 200mm fan on the side panel.

Thanks,

David.

Can you get into your BIOS and see what the pump is reporting for RPM? It will correspond to the CPU_FAN header you plugged the yellow wire to.?

Just to be sure, you have one wire to the MB fan header and the other to 4pin molex. correct?

I connected the single wire from the pump with the POWER_FAN header and the molex is connected directly to a molex plug from the power supply.

I did not connect the fans directly to the pump, they are connected to a Y-splitter to the CPU_FAN header to allow DC fan RPM control.

The BIOS shows that the pump is at 2000 RPM and the fans are blowing at around 1600 RPM.

The radiator warm on one side and cool on the other is normal operation. And the pump seems to be running like it should. I would simple try reseating the cooling head. Make sure you clean off the thermal paste and apply new. Sometimes a simple reseat is all it takes.

The radiator warm on one side and cool on the other is normal operation. And the pump seems to be running like it should. I would simple try reseating the cooling head. Make sure you clean off the thermal paste and apply new. Sometimes a simple reseat is all it takes.

Ok then I will try to reseat it and see if it does better. I was thinking since the radiator is hot from one side already then it should be seated right and the heat has already been transfered to the liquid inside. Anyway I will try again and update you guys.

Thanks,

David.

Archived