Corsair Community

RGB in motherboard non rgb

alkisah

Hello, im newbie about RGB and i have plan build a pc.

I try read this forum till page 16, but still have question.

Thats my plan:

Motherboard: H310 / B360 (my question here)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB

Cooler: H60 2018

Fan: 3x LL120 with Node Pro

Led Strip: Corsair RGB LNP

My question:

1. If im not wrong, i read Node Pro & Link can handle older chipset without RGB header, so can i save my budget to buy H310/B360 non RGB header to connect this all? How the diagram setup for this?

2. I read in older topic Mystic Light conflict with Link, is this fixed now?

3. If i change my mind to buy RGB motherboard, which one more suited to pairs with Links and have more RGB effect? Mystic Light, Aura Sync, Gigabyte Fusion or Polychrome RGB?

Help me choose, so i save my budget to buy corsair mouse & keyboard ;)

Thanks

1) Yes, that is correct. You do not need an RGB header on your motherboard.

2) In most cases, they don't conflict. The biggest issue would be with RGB RAM, where both Link and MSI Mystic Light try to control the RGB features.

3) Corsair RGB and your motherboard's RGB are completely separate from each other. Link won't control the motherboard's RGB and the motherboard won't control Link devices.

The best thing for you to look at is the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

I think we are going to be waiting a while for the multi-branded RGB systems to play nicely with each other. I think it makes more sense to choose one option or the other.

1) Go with the board RGB and maybe some strips. Light the space from the inside. Subtle with dark fans.

2) Save money on the board and use it for the RGB fans and really light it up. Likely better controls and more options. Not subtle.

I have both and my Asus board lights are the constant nuisance. The controls are so basic that making something beyond a static color that compliments what I am doing with everything else takes a lot of experimenting. While my iCUE based keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and case lighting will all change based on various circumstances, the Aura controlled lights are stuck the way they are. There certainly are no program specific colors. In fact, there aren't even presets. If my GPU block didn't tie in with it, I would probably turn it off.

I think you are fine to choose one or other and can do so based on how much light you want. Frankly, I think I prefer the subtle darkness with small component lights shining out, but it is a lot less interesting than all the things I can do in iCUE.

1) Yes, that is correct. You do not need an RGB header on your motherboard.

2) In most cases, they don't conflict. The biggest issue would be with RGB RAM, where both Link and MSI Mystic Light try to control the RGB features.

3) Corsair RGB and your motherboard's RGB are completely separate from each other. Link won't control the motherboard's RGB and the motherboard won't control Link devices.

The best thing for you to look at is the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

thank you for the respond, it was very helpful

I've read your post on sticky thread when I first came here

I think we are going to be waiting a while for the multi-branded RGB systems to play nicely with each other. I think it makes more sense to choose one option or the other.

1) Go with the board RGB and maybe some strips. Light the space from the inside. Subtle with dark fans.

2) Save money on the board and use it for the RGB fans and really light it up. Likely better controls and more options. Not subtle.

I have both and my Asus board lights are the constant nuisance. The controls are so basic that making something beyond a static color that compliments what I am doing with everything else takes a lot of experimenting. While my iCUE based keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, and case lighting will all change based on various circumstances, the Aura controlled lights are stuck the way they are. There certainly are no program specific colors. In fact, there aren't even presets. If my GPU block didn't tie in with it, I would probably turn it off.

I think you are fine to choose one or other and can do so based on how much light you want. Frankly, I think I prefer the subtle darkness with small component lights shining out, but it is a lot less interesting than all the things I can do in iCUE.

I just want to try so not curious,

if it's too bright, maybe some part can be turned off,

but at least there are a few options after trying it out

Next, if i want 2 different RGB like this:

- led strip on case with Corsair RGB LNP (4 pin, rgb 5050, 12v, its right?)

- addressable RGB led strip (3 pins, rgb ws2812b, 5v) on my table

1. Most value chipset come with 12v (4 pins) rgb connector,

a. Can NoPro & iCue handle 2 different RGB types? what additional part should I buy?

b. Or should I buy a motherboard with 12v & 5v connector? I check Gigabyte B360 Aorus Gaming 3 support this

2. Which one is better:

a. 5v addressable led strip connect with computer: so synergy with other parts and controllable with software

b. or connect with home electricity, controllable with remote, not synergy, but save money

ps: Sorry if I ask a weird question :(:

The Corsair strips are not 5050's. They are 5V - I think it's WS2811 but I'm not 100% sure on that.

For the Corsair items, the best thing is to control them from the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, not from the motherboard. There are those that have hacked it to work with the 5V addressable headers that are showing up on some motherboards but you will be 100% completely and totally on your own with that.

Both the CoPro and the NoPro connect to SATA power connections from your power supply. And both of these will use the 3.3v rail for the internal micro controller, so don't use an adapter; it should be a "pure" SATA connector. (Technically, the MCU for the NoPro can be powered from the USB connection as well but that puts it into a low power mode and may cause issues).

The Corsair strips are not 5050's. They are 5V - I think it's WS2811 but I'm not 100% sure on that.

For the Corsair items, the best thing is to control them from the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, not from the motherboard. There are those that have hacked it to work with the 5V addressable headers that are showing up on some motherboards but you will be 100% completely and totally on your own with that.

Both the CoPro and the NoPro connect to SATA power connections from your power supply. And both of these will use the 3.3v rail for the internal micro controller, so don't use an adapter; it should be a "pure" SATA connector. (Technically, the MCU for the NoPro can be powered from the USB connection as well but that puts it into a low power mode and may cause issues).

so, i just need add rgb strip 5050 for my table then connect to motherboard header.. and my corsair items controll with NoPro..

finally, i can save my budget for buy value chipset RGB..

it's very clear and helpfull, thank you very much

Archived