Corsair Community

dark core rgb se mouse does not turn off

Duration

The mouse will enter sleep mode after a certain period of time. To edit the time it takes, go in to your Settings under the mouse. Even if the mouse falls asleep, the sensor will still run in case it is woken up. It's better to just turn the switch off on the bottom.

The mouse can not be turned off completely by software since there is a switch that on it that controls that. For your keyboard, I believe the issue is that the USB port is still outputting power to the keyboard when the computer is turned off. It should be in the BIOS settings to turn off this feature. Some other USB port may have this by default as well.

I too have this same issue where I'd like the mouse LEDs to turn off when I put the PC to sleep. I use the mouse wired all the time (since it's both a wired AND wireless mouse) and it's impossible to turn the mouse off after the PC is asleep - touching the mouse wakes the PC up again (and I want to retain that functionality).

The LEDs do turn off if used wireless - once it enters the power savings mode, but while plugged in I wish the iCUE software or the mouse firmware would automatically do this.

I understand the mouse is "charging" while plugged in and I don't want to change the BIOS ERP settings or change the USB port setting to disallow the PC to wake with the mouse - I want to retain that functionality.

I hope Corsair engineers are reading this and make an update to allow for this soon.

Best Regards,

Nelson

Ok so I am having the same issue. Tried reaching out to support and this was the result:

Y133Q77.png

So, yeah. I have tried to go into the mouse settings, and under power management where it usually would "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", it does not allow this.

I didn't want to put any customer service reps on blast which is why I blacked out the name, but come on. What even is this.

Edit: Oh, it's also too late to take it back even if I wanted to, so yay for quick turnaround.

@RUKUS - Yes, I went through the same thing with support and they try to tell you to turn off power on the USB port. However, that becomes useless to wake the PC with the mouse after it's asleep and not sure if it will even charge when it's plugged in.

I believe their engineers need to possibly update the firmware on the Dark Core RGB (and possibly update CUE) so that when the software detects the PC going to sleep, it will send a signal to the mouse and turn off the LEDs. Nothing else should be affected.

Hopefully they will see people requesting this feature and update it in a future release. It's really the only thing I greatly dislike of my new Corsair peripherals setup.

Best Regards,

Nelson

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know if Corsair is working on this issue of the Dark Core RGB staying lit up when the PC goes to sleep? This is a severe defect in the mouse that I'm hoping they are working on resolving with a software/firmware update.

Anyone know if Corsair is working on this issue of the Dark Core RGB staying lit up when the PC goes to sleep? This is a severe defect in the mouse that I'm hoping they are working on resolving with a software/firmware update.

The mouse has it's own sleep timer. It's working as it was engineered. If you shut down the PC, then turn off the mouse too. The mouse stays alive so that it can wake a PC when used. This is intentional, and will also continue to drain the battery, even when the RGB lighting is turned off. This is why it's recommended to turn off the mouse when not in use.

You are basically complaining that you see the RGB lights on when the PC shuts down, and declaring that this is a FATAL DESIGN FLAW. Try using a short sleep timer and not worrying about it.

I have an another wireless mouse (ASUS Spatha) and it turns all RGB lights immediately after turning off (or goes to sleep mode) the PC. Why this is not realized in Dark Core RGB to extend battery life if it's quite possible that we see in mouse of other vendor?

Turning off the mouse by switch every time then pc is unused is not the most convenient solution. I have been using only wireless mouses the last 6 years and no one of it requires to turning it off.

I just ordered a Dark Core RGB yesterday now it is in transport company, but this behavior a little alarming.

The mouse has it's own sleep timer. It's working as it was engineered. If you shut down the PC, then turn off the mouse too. The mouse stays alive so that it can wake a PC when used. This is intentional, and will also continue to drain the battery, even when the RGB lighting is turned off. This is why it's recommended to turn off the mouse when not in use.

You are basically complaining that you see the RGB lights on when the PC shuts down, and declaring that this is a FATAL DESIGN FLAW. Try using a short sleep timer and not worrying about it.

This is indeed a design flaw in that the firmware/software should turn off the RGB lighting when the PC is in sleep mode (if possible). Other vendors seem to accomplish this. I do understand it needs to be charged - but I am using the mouse wired all the time. If I turn the mouse off first, I then must use keyboard shortcuts to put the PC to sleep - have done that. However, I can't conveniently use the mouse to put the PC to sleep and then turn the mouse off as it's literally impossible to touch the mouse afterwards since any slight movement awakes the PC! I believe this just wasn't thought through as this is Corsair's first wireless gaming mouse. I hope their engineering team will at least look at this and hopefully introduce a fix in a future firmware or iCue software update. After all, my K95 keyboard and VOID RGB headset, ST100 base, and MM800 mouse pad ALL turn off (granted they don't need charging), so why not the mouse!?!

However, I can't conveniently use the mouse to put the PC to sleep and then turn the mouse off as it's literally impossible to touch the mouse afterwards since any slight movement awakes the PC!

This is normal behavior and I came across this on all wireless mice that i has. You can easily turns this off in device manager. You need to find the HID devices in "Mice..." and "Keyboards" sections realted to mouse and turn off posibility to wake up PC in "Power managment" tab.

Screenshot_25.png Screenshot_26.png

But still, nothing prevents the developers to realize some algorithm to forced off the RGB lighting (or forced sleep mode) of Dark Core right before the PC is going to sleep mode or turns off.

Is it worth it to expect from the developers? I understand that this is your first wireless gaming mouse, so I'm ready to help to make this good device far better:)

Archived