Corsair Community

Normal CPU Temps?

Trueboss345

Hi , I'm living in Arizona where is pretty much the hottest during the summer right now. My ambient room temps are around 26-28 C . During idle I get temps of 35-40. But when I'm gaming it can have temps at around 55 - 60 C and sometimes it peaks up to 69 C. The water temp of the cooler can sometimes reach 50 C during gaming. I've got little knowledge on understanding temps in CorsairLink . Can anyone check to see if it's normal?

corsair4.thumb.png.16c5a87a6f9cdf390055195e76ac18df.png

That all checks for me and on very hot days I start at a similar base temperature with similar hardware. The only thing that caught my eye was the ~50C water temps (H100i v2 Temp). That is getting up the high end. However, based on what I see in the graph you had a cold power on/wake temp of around 31C with a steady average warm temp of 36C at the desktop. A +12C rise in coolant temperature would not be completely out of the question on a heavy combination CPU/GPU game. Mine is generally a few degrees less on the coolant delta, however that is most likely the difference between a 240 and 280mm radiator on HW-E/BW-E CPU.

So yes, a warm climate is not exactly ego boosting and this is why all those benchmark jockeys spend their winters with the windows open. However, I see nothing concerning and your peak values are still well below the safe line. My guess is those 69's are at launch and not frequent spikes. Lots of fan placements in the 400R. What are you doing with your side panel fans? Many people will run them as intake with the intent of "cooling" the GPU by shooting air at it. With an open style GPU, exhaust at that position might get more GPU waste heat out faster without forcing it through the H100iv2 zone at the top. Since you have front and bottom fans, you would still have plenty of intake.

Usually cold starts are okay right around 30C. But on really hot days while I am gaming , the water temp can sometimes reach 50C. And as for the case , I don't have any fans mounted on the side panel. I have 1 rear , 2 front , and 2 top radiator fans in push configuration. Also my GPU is a open style , so as you mentioned I dont think it would be convenient for it.

Archived