Corsair Community

Corsair colour code on pump

Budlake

I am having problems with my computer not booting after short breaks.

ASUS suggested that the CPU is not cooling quickly enough so I re-pasted the cooler pump to the CPU.

However, I still have the problems but I noticed that when I first powered up the 'Corsair' icon was green, it then began flashing red and is now permanently on red. The CPU temperature is fairly steady at 35°C.

Does the colour of the icon on the pump case represent the serviceability or status of the pump or temperature?

I do not know what model cooler it is except that it is a dual radiator system.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Mike

Welcome to the forum and you are asking some good questions, but to answer/help I need more information.

1. Is there a USB cable between the cooler pump block and motherboard?
  2. If not post a photo of the cooler pump block/try and find the model number, if there is do as follows.
  3. Do you have CL 4.7.0.77 installed? If not then can you install it. It can be downloaded via http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.7.0.77.zip
  4. Once CL4 is running take a screen shot of the [Home] tab and attach it to a post.
  5. This should provide enough information and if not I will ask for more.
  6. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

Hello Red_Ray,

Thank you for your reply; yes I do have the USB connected to the cooler block.

I am unable to get the computer started at the moment, it appears that the main problem might be that the CPU light is on even though the BIOS and the ASUS monitor software have told me that the CPU is operating in windows at about 35°C.

I cannot therefore load the programme that you have suggested.

Is it possible, and is it safe, to disconnect the USB cable for testing?

Thanks

Mike

Yes, it's OK to unplug the USB cable, but if you do CL4 don't be able to report the information I need to see.

Do you have another computer? If so you could use a mini-USB to USB-A cable to connect the cooler to it, install CL4 on that system and post it's CL4 [Home] tab.

Hello Red-Ray,

I am unable to install Corsair Link4, it does not even fill the designated folder.

The computer that I am trying to install it on is an Acer ASPIRE i7 Notebook running W7 Home pro 64bit.

I have tried as administrator and as not to no avail.

I am unable to install Corsair Link4, it does not even fill the designated folder.

1. I get the same issue on my Dell Core i7 Quad 3630QM (Ivy Bridge) laptop, I will mention this to the CL4 manager next time I e-mail him.
  2. However my SIV utility should and it can be used to provide the information :idea:.
  3. Download it from my website, unzip all the files into say C:\Program Files\SIV\, run SIV64x.exe and post as I requested below.

To use SIV diagnose issues and/or to control CL hardware see http://rh-software.com/. SIV was designed as a utility to report information and troubleshoot issues. I expect this is all most owners of CL hardware will use it for.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

Hello Red-Ray,

attached is a screenshot of the SIV AIO Link Status.

If there is anything else that I can send please let me know but give me directions on how to do it as a lot of the terminology in the SIV programme and the instructions are above my head.

Regards

mike

957322199_AIOLinkStatus.thumb.jpg.bdb128a2b215e0fb4cc6f99a5c5014cb.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=29662&d=1496213328

If there is anything else that I can send please let me know but give me directions on how to do it as a lot of the terminology in the SIV programme and the instructions are above my head.

1. At last some progress and you did most of what I was hoping. I can finally see you have the original H80i :biggrin:.
  2. I can see that at some stage SIV was unable to read the H80i information, but this could just have been a glitch.
  3. All the Current readings reported values look OK, but I really need to see the minimum + maximum + average readings along with some other information.
  4. Can you press the [status] + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Update] buttons and post the resulting four screen shots which should provide this information?
  5. If you ran SIV on the ASUS RAMPAGE IV Formula system and posted all three of the SIV initial + [status] + [Link Devices] screens as well this would be perfect.
  6. BTW .JPG is fine, but .PNG gives crisper screen images.

Archived