Corsair Community

SIV causing RealBench crashes??

Ca1ibos

I've been trying to figure out why my PC is crashing after 5 minutes of a Realbench Stress Test even after putting my 6700K back to stock and running my 3200mhz DomPlat down to 2133mhz.

Its not temps. My delidded 6700K with CLU Liquid Metal Tim and H110iGT is holding 100% load temps at about 56ºc.

While I haven't ruled out my Palit Super Jetstream GTX1080 which boosts to about 2000mhz as possibly being the culprit of the crashes, I did just read in another forum that someone with very similar PC and problem found that it was because he was running HWMonitor and Afterburner at the same time. ie. 2 sets of monitoring software. When he used HWmonitor alone he was able to pass 2 hour RealBench stress tests.

However, I'm not using Afterburner. I wonder could it be the fact I'm running SIV (in place of CL4). Thats constantly monitoring too isn't it.

However, if I shutdown SIV, will my H110iGT fan profile remain active. ie. is it saved to the H110iGT firmware?

All the locking is messed up in HWM + the CPUID SDK as I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903472. I worked with the CPUID SDK guys and there is a later HWM that has the fixes, e-mail them and ask for it. I have a test version, but it would be inappropriate for me to post it. As I recall Realbench also uses the CPUID SDK.

I could tell more if you posted Menu->Help->Lock Handle.

As CL 4.7.0.77 also has messed up locking I suspect it's more likely to cause issues than SIV. I would need to see [Link Fans] to tell you what the H11i0GT should do.

When you say crash, what type of crash? Do you have a dump file?

Im at work on mobile atm so cant check till later. IIRC windows event log critical error was 41.

Now that you mention it, it wasnt a blue screen. My monitor would switch off and my corsair KB&Mouse would go dark but the fans on the PC stayed on. Id press the power button on the PC to reboot. Probably should have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Display Port cable to see if the monitor came back to life and maybe it wasnt a hard crash at all??

OK. The PC isn't crashing after all.

First of all I couldn't get RB to start the stress test today. It allowed me to set the amount of Ram I have the other night but today it tells me I don't have enough ram. My 16gb is still showing elsewhere, my SDD has plenty of space so its not the pagefile. So I set the memory to use for the stress test as 8gb. After about a minute my system 'crashed' again and my monitor went off. I tried what I said earlier about unplugging the monitor DP cable and plkugging back in. Monitor came back to life and Windows hadn't crashed at all. There were two warning windows. One that Nvidia share had failed and the other that the Luxmark part of the stress test had failed. So I disabled nVidia share and ran the test again. This time it after 1 minute it was just Luxmark that failed and the monitor switching off. Another forum post mentioned his Evga Precision being the culprit. So I disabled Thundermaster, my Palit GPU's equivelent. This time the test ran for 4 minutes, the longest ever before luxmark failing again and monitor off again. More reading and it seems RealBench and Pascal GPU's haven't been best friends for a few months now :D

Looks like I need to use some other stress tests instead.

As a sidenote, given it seems my RealBench Crashes are not an indication of stability of my system I'll be giving Asus DIP5 Auto OC app another go. For some reason in the CPU Voltage Target Slider part of the App, one is supposed to be able to specify a voltage figure in the form of millivolts. So for 1.35v one would input 1350mv. However for some reason my slider has values in some other format. +1 to +125. So setting a voltage target is out. I can still set a temp target for the overclock instead though. Given I have a delidded 6700K with CLU and a H110iGT controlled by SIV, what temp target would you suggest I input for a good overclock?

Archived