Corsair Community

Corsair h100i v2 pump broken?

Rahmanoid

I have the radiator of my Corsair h100i v2 installed at the top of my case. Just tried to move it to the front, but that didn't work out so I placed it again in it's original spot. Turned my PC on and the liquid temperature just raced 40 °C in no time, while the fans were running at full speed. My CPU got worryingly hot too. The liquid temp would have probably gone even higher if I hadn't shut down my PC immediately in fear of frying my CPU. The pump showed over 5000 RPM in Corsair link. Didn't even think that is possible?

Did I break the pump while trying to move the radiator around?

I suspect that either the pump had failed or there is an air pocket in the system either of which is a reason to RMA

Ask for an RMA via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp and see what they say. Remember to upload the original invoice.

Say what you said here and link to this thread.

Yes seems like the pump is jammed or something like that :( when starting the PC I can hear a grinding/clicking noise that I've never heard before and I think is coming from the pump. That noise either goes away or I can't hear it anymore when the fans start ramping up

Archived