How do I fix this:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600x reeds:

- 56.5 C package

- 4% load

H100iv2 reeds:

- 32.6 C

- 0 rpm fan

- 1230 rpm Pump

How can the CPU be at 55C and h100iv2 at 32? I put thermal paste on the CPU when I installed it.

1. Given the fan speed is zero and that the pump speed is way too slow I expect you need to disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts that it needs.
  2. I can't tell you how to do this as you failed to use http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra and should do this so we know the motherboard.
  3. It would be easier to help if you posted the CL4 [home] tab screen shot and advice you to do this.
  4. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.
  5. How much thermal paste did you use? Too much is bad and "about the size of a small pea" should be used.
  6. What temperatures do other utilities report? Ideally post the initial screen of my SIV utility.
  7. What is the room temperature?

Thanks for the reply red-ray

here is the info you asked for.

I put a small dot of paste. If disabling Disable fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS does not work I will remove it and try again.

I can't find how to disable gigabyte fan control :[pouts:

01.thumb.PNG.34f36644c1c500fcce00865800b1cd02.PNG

02.thumb.PNG.b57cc6b3ace5ac6bd8b7f2586ded73b0.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=29123&d=1495376913

I can't find how to disable gigabyte fan control :[pouts:

1. I guess the H100iV2 is connected to the CPU_FAN header
    1. Assuming so you need to set the CPU_FAN header Fan Speed Control to be Full Speed in the BIOS.
    2. Also select PWM mode if this is available.
    3. There is no screen shot in the manual, if you need more help post Smart Fan 5 Settings BIOS screen shot.

[*] Do CL4 + SIV both report the same temperature, it's the 62°C in the above screen shot. Note this is correct and I don't need to adjust it.

[*] Are you using any of the gigabyte supplied monitoring software?

1. If so you should not as it fails to use the locks and will cause issues for Corsair Link + AIDA64 + CPUZ + HWiNFO + SIV + etc. which do use the locks.
  2. I suspect it will also change the CPU_FAN header setup to be other than Full Speed.

[*] I need to adjust the GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming motherboard support in SIV as it used to report as AB350-Gaming-CF.

1. Please will you post the SIV save files so I can test these changes, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I would like.
  2. Ideally use the attached test SIV, press [Minimal] and ZIP the two save files.

I guess the H100iV2 is connected to the CPU_FAN header

Assuming so you need to set the CPU_FAN header Fan Speed Control to be Full Speed in the BIOS.

Also select PWM mode if this is available.

I set the speed to full in BIOS. H100iv2 read:

33.5 C Temp

2040 RPM Fan

3850 RPM Pump

CPU is still at 59

Do CL4 + SIV both report the same temperature, it's the 62°C in the above

screen shot. Note this is correct and I don't need to adjust it.

Yes they read the same

Are you using any of the gigabyte supplied monitoring software?

No

I need to adjust the GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming motherboard support in SIV as it used to report as AB350-Gaming-CF.

Please will you post the SIV save files so I can test these changes, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I would like.

Ideally use the attached test SIV, press [Minimal] and ZIP the two save files.

I hope I got you the right files.

siv_test.zip

1. I set the speed to full in BIOS. H100iv2 read:
    1. 33.5 C Temp
    2. 2040 RPM Fan
    3. 3850 RPM Pump
    4. CPU is still at 59

[*] Yes they read the same

[*] No

[*] I hope I got you the right files.

1. The BIOS setting are ideal, but the pump is actually 2,850 RPM. We should probably change the H100iV2 configuration, but not for now.
  2. From the save file - H100iV2 @ 33.2°C + CPU @ 73.0°C
    1. These being about 40°C different is more than I would expect given the system was < 3% busy.

[*] Good

[*] Thank you, what you did was ideal and the change I made worked as I hoped. The F2 BIOS had a bug that has been fixed in the F4 BIOS that you have.

I don't have a Ryzen 5 1600X, someone who does may better know what to expect.

I suspect there may be poor thermal contact between the CPU and the cooler.
If you 100% load the CPUs I suspect the temperature will rise very quickly, does it? You could use SIV, Menu->Machine->CPU Stress then press [start] to do this. If it get's to about 90°C :eek: press [stop]
How much thermal paste did you use? Too much is bad and "about the size of a small pea" should be used.

It's a good idea to download AMD's OC utility Ryzen Master and see what it reports, as it will be correct. I believe all the X-series CPU's have the 20°C temperature reading offset issue (well, AMD did it on purpose, but it can be confusing).

LINK still reports my 1700X as 20°C higher than it really is.

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

It's a good idea to download AMD's OC utility Ryzen Master and see what it reports, as it will be correct. I believe all the X-series CPU's have the 20°C temperature reading offset issue (well, AMD did it on purpose, but it can be confusing).

I have an AMD NDA and advice that you treat what Atomkinder says as nothing more than a rumour.

Some of it is correct and some is not. Further he should provide links to support his claims. Ryzen Master should be correct. Saying it "will" be correct is inappropriate, epically so as he failed to specify the version number.

I have an AMD NDA and advice that you treat what Atomkinder says as nothing more than a rumour.

Some of it is correct and some is not. Further he should provide links to support his claims. Ryzen Master should be correct. Saying it "will" be correct is inappropriate, epically so as he failed to specify the version number.

So you're implying that Ryzen Master is not necessarily correct, given the link to the current version of the software I provided?

What, EXACTLY, is a rumor about the offset? It was widely reported, at least for the 1700X and 1800X variants, but this is also why I suggested downloading the utility from the manufacturer of the product in question.

Certainly in my case the current version of Corsair LINK (4.7.0.77) is displaying the 20°C offset (IE 20°C above RM), and coolant temperatures of the H100i V2 are consistent with the package temperature reported by Ryzen Master. I provided a screenshot of this in the last thread in which I posted.

I'm not really sure why you're suggesting that RM won't be accurate and would choose not to make assumptions.

Here's that shot again:

attachment.php?attachmentid=29133

So you're implying that Ryzen Master is not necessarily correct, given the link to the current version of the software I provided?

Yes and no, I expect it is, but things may change such that a later version will be needed.

I would use "Ryzen Master version n.n.n + AMD CPU microcode version n.n.n will be correct" or "Ryzen Master should be correct".

In simple terms an AMD CPU microcode update could remove the need to subtract 20°C from the reported temperature, an old version of Ryzen Master would report 20°C too low and CL 4.7.0.77 would be correct :eek:.

I believe all the X-series CPU's have the 20°C temperature reading offset issue

This is incorrect and could confuse some as only the 1700X and 1800X variants have the issue and the Ryzen 5 does not.

It was widely reported, at least for the 1700X and 1800X variants

All in all it's a total mess and when posting this should be made clear as what is obvious to you may not be to some.

I used some old thermal paste I had from my last build. I removed the old thermal paste and purchased new paste. Did a 3 min stress test and it never got over 70c.

So I take it that I need to subtract 20c to get the correct temp?

So, 70c - 20c = 50c at 100cpu load for 3 min. Little warmer that I like, but better than 70c.

Thank you for all your help.

So I take it that I need to subtract 20c to get the correct temp?

For the moment yes, but if you do a BIOS update this may change, so if the temperature is 20 less than you expect it probably has.

In my software I do the -20 for you and the tool tip tells you it's been done.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29140&d=1495481912

So here is what my dose then I mouse over.

2017-05-23_2.png

I forgot that you have a have a Ryzen 5 1600X and AFAIK this does not have the 20°C offset, see http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-cpu-review,review-33858-8.html

As I said before it's a total mess and rather confusing to say the least.

What does Ryzen Master report, ideally attach one screen shot showing the temperatures that both SIV + RM report.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

As I said before it's a total mess and rather confusing, to say the least.

What does Ryzen Master report, ideally attach one screen shot showing the temperatures that both SIV + RM report.

I have to agree, thought I was doing something wrong.

Here is what they say.

2017-05-24_10.png

Thanks again for all your help.

Archived