Corsair Community

AIO cooling with RGB fans for 570x case controller??

tgm1024

I'm looking at the 570x case, but the available AIO's confuse me.

When looking at the H100i v2 specs, it says that it is outfit with the SP120L's.

I can't find anything online about the L version. Is it color controllable from the Corsair controller in the 570x case like the SP120's are?

Or do I have to buy a radiator/block with HD/SP120's separately to have them controlled by the 460x/570x?

THANKS!!!

Hello there!

There seems to be some confusion. The top buttons on the 460X and 570X ONLY control the lights. They don't control the fan speeds at all. The top 3 buttons control the following: Color, Mode (Different Lighting Modes), and Speed (At which the lights change or the mode cycles).

When you install the H100i V2, there's an additional cable attached to the pump. This is a 4-Pin fan cable with a second one daisy chained to it. You are to install the fan cable into these connectors and the H100i V2 will control them. When you plug in a mini-USB cable to the H100i V2, and then plug it into the USB header on your motherboard, our software will read and control the pump and fans.

The SP120L are special fans that are only included with our AIO units. They are not sold separately as they are designed and tuned just for our radiators.

Thanks. My question indeed was entirely about the controlling of the colors of the fans. So when I see people with corsair radiators but with fan colors that are controlled by the 570x case buttons, I'm to assume that they discarded the aio fans and replaced them with SP120's, correct?

Thanks. My question indeed was entirely about the controlling of the colors of the fans. So when I see people with corsair radiators but with fan colors that are controlled by the 570x case buttons, I'm to assume that they discarded the aio fans and replaced them with SP120's, correct?

There are many permutations and only some are sensible.

1. The 2 x SP120L that come with the H100iV2 are 4-pin PWM fans and need to be replaced with 4-pin PWM fans.
  2. The H100iV2 only supports 4-pin PWM fans.
  3. SP120 RGB LED are 3-pin voltage fans so can't sensibly be connected to a H100iV2.
  4. You should use HD120 RGB LED fans which are 4-pin PWM.
  5. You can't connect HD120 RGB LED fans to the same lighting Hub as SP120 RGB LED fans.
  6. The LNP has two ports so you could connect the HD lighting Hub to one and the SP lighting Hub to the other, but would not be able to use the 4 x LED strips.
  7. The sensible/expensive option is to get 5 x HD120 RGB LED Fans.

It's 6 HD120 RGB, because I would like 3+2+1 for exhaust in the back.

HUGE help btw, thanks!

Would the 460x/570x case lighting buttons (exterior top of case) control the Lighting Node Pro properly?

Would the 460x/570x case lighting buttons (exterior top of case) control the Lighting Node Pro properly?

I recommend that you not use the top buttons at all. The port for lighting control is used by either the top buttons or the Lighting Node Pro. Honestly, once you get it controlled with the LNP, you won't want to go to the buttons.

The install path should be:

6x HD120 Fans -> HD120 6-Port Fan Hub -> Lighting Node Pro -> USB Cable to Motherboard

With our software, you'll get something like this.

Enjoy and have a great day!

I recommend that you not use the top buttons at all. The port for lighting control is used by either the top buttons or the Lighting Node Pro. Honestly, once you get it controlled with the LNP, you won't want to go to the buttons.

The install path should be:

6x HD120 Fans -> HD120 6-Port Fan Hub -> Lighting Node Pro -> USB Cable to Motherboard

With our software, you'll get something like this.

Enjoy and have a great day!

Yikes. That might be overkill, but ok, I getcha.

Thanks again. Lots to learn about lights....

It's 6 HD120 RGB, because I would like 3+2+1 for exhaust in the back.

6 x HD RGB LED should work well. I felt I could implement more LNP control options than CL4 offers, so I did.

Thank you red-ray :)

I'm not a big fan of case illumination/leds/glass panels, but even I'm impressed by that build.

LOL. I was just looking deeper into this, and liking the HD's more and more. That LNP+HD120/140 combination is deadly.

Ugh. I'm having a midlife crisis or something.

Truth is though, I'm building a system that my kids (10 and 12) will think is "fun and cool looking".....but I'm starting to doubt my true motivations....

Yikes. That might be overkill, but ok, I getcha.

Thanks again. Lots to learn about lights....

One would think that right? It's actually relatively TAME compared to the hardware driven lighting control. The 3-button controller has almost "no-chill" when it comes to delivering you bright lights. Yes, it gets the job done, but doesn't have the same soft touch as the LNP. On top of that, CL4 does a better job at dimming the lights and you do this all from your desktop, don't need to stand up!

Archived