Corsair Community

HD140 RGB LED Fan Maximum Number?

AliceSML79

is it possible to get 13+ HD140 RGB LED Fans working in my case if i use 2x Nzxt Internal USB Hubs??? want to cool dual 6560mm rads and some case fans id prefer to use a single hub if i can.

Edit: want use software to control each rad then the rest of the case fans.

6560mm rad? 13 fans in a MacBook Pro? Fans controlled by USB Hub?

my Bad, i ment 2x Quad 140/560mm Rad's. macbook pro is what im using now but 6 years old. im planing out a new build. was hoping there would be more info on using 3x fan led hubs with dual corsair link pro so i have a led strip channel too.

Hello there!

To answer your question, yes you can control as many fans as you want. Each Lighting Node Pro can handle two HD120 fan hubs. So you can have two Lighting Node Pros to run 16x HD120s. Then this will also give you a free port to run LED strips!

You're able to install as many Lighting Node Pros as your motherboard can allow. Alternatively, you can find a USB-A to mini-USB and plug it in through the USB ports in the back. This route is recommended in case your selected motherboard only has one USB header.

Hello there!

To answer your question, yes you can control as many fans as you want. Each Lighting Node Pro can handle two HD120 fan hubs. So you can have two Lighting Node Pros to run 16x HD120s. Then this will also give you a free port to run LED strips!

You're able to install as many Lighting Node Pros as your motherboard can allow. Alternatively, you can find a USB-A to Micro-USB and plug it in through the USB ports in the back. This route is recommended in case your selected motherboard only has one USB header.

thank you so much that info helps so much.

That explains it then. I have used the NZXT usb hubs, both the original one and the newer one with a case on it, and they work very well. It's just a shame that they make them with 3 internal headers and 2 external.

yes i couldn't figure out why it had dual type a external ports. but i suppose it be a good place to hide a wifi, bt, wireless keyboard dongle but that would cause interference i would think. besides most modern motherboards have most that built into the rear io nowadays.

Archived