Corsair Community

H110i GT How loud is it to be

ImtheBest

Hi all i need some help you all wonderful here.

First thing is my H110i GT i got for Christmas. 2 times ago and finally put in in lazy me i know :[pouts:. Anyway I hear it going and want to know how loud its actually supposed to be. sometimes i hear like buzzing noise i think its the fans they are the default.STOCK fans. Do i need better fans this help that noise or what can i do. Also when i first installed H110i GT i had to back down to different Link software the newer one every time made it rev up and down i could hear it. I would say its mid loud but not totally quit. this could be normal idk.

• 2 weeks later...

The fans are definitely loud going above 1000 rpm. That's probably true of most fans, but certainly these versions. Are you talking about fan noise or pump noise?

You shouldn't need fan speeds above 1000 rpm with your set-up, except for long duration loads. However, if you have the radiator mounted in the top as exhaust, those fans have been known to tick, click, or make other funny noises. My preference would be to change them for something with a more solid build, like the ML140 Pro.

Make sure you have the fans grouped with the H110i GT Temp in Corsair Link. That is the coolant temperature. Running your fan speed from CPU temperature is likely to cause the fans to ramp up and down. That is not needed with this type of cooler.

As C-Attack says, in the link software, click on the fans and select H110GT Temp which is the water temp. This doesn't fluctuate wildly like CPU temp.

I rebuilt my PC last week and my Chassis Fans (Not H110GT fans) were revving up and down when I opened random webpages. Then I remembered that I'd reconnected them to a motherboard PWM fan connector which was obviously set to react to CPU temps. The CPU load and thus temp would spike for a few seconds while a media dense webpage would open and the fans would react instantly even though they were set for a 12 second delay which I presume is to prevent this kind of thing. Its never worked for me though. Easily sorted out though when I went into Fan Xpert3 and set this fan header to react to motherboard temps instead of CPU temps.

Yeah I agree with the previous responses, but I always create two profiles-one I use primarily/90% of the time-I set the radiator fan modes to 'Fixed %' and set it to 40 or 45% and I create a second profile for stress tests or anything I know will strain the system and even then 80% rpm is plenty. The only time my fans rev up is during a restart or I overclock too much and the temp. hits my limit and they rev to 100% and shut my PC down but it usually crashes before that ever happens. And as far as the software you may just need to find a version that works well and stick with it awhile, I ran Corsair Link 2 for years when I had a H80i. Get familiar with the software (Corsair Link) and you'll find it can be very helpful when configured properly and chances are you'll end up loving the set up. I run Corsair coolers and Corsair i-link compatible power supplies and I like it a lot.

Archived