Corsair Community

Question on the new H6 SF

HoneyBadgerUK

Hello,

Can anyone at Corsair tell me if you will be releasing the S6 SF cooler separately? As seen in the new Bulldog 2.0

I have the bulldog 1.0 so have the bundled S5 SF, I know you made this cooler available separately but would rather not assume you'll be doing the same with the S6 SF!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my Bulldog 2.0 system up and running. However, I was getting idle temps at 70c with the H6 SF, even after reseating it four times, applying new thermal paste each time. Also tried two different brands of paste. During stress test, the temps would reach 100c and the processor would thermal throttle. One hose was hot, the other cold, just as it should be. I could feel liquid moving. I have since removed the cooler and replaced it with a low profile air cooler. Idle temps at 35c and 80c under full load now. Also turned the fan on the radiator into an exhaust for the case. It gets a bit louder than a liquid cooler would, but not too bad. I created a support ticket three days ago and have yet to hear back. I'm hoping I just got a dud and will be able to RMA.

Edit: H6 SF was quiet though!

• 4 weeks later...
I just got my Bulldog 2.0 system up and running. However, I was getting idle temps at 70c with the H6 SF, even after reseating it four times, applying new thermal paste each time. Also tried two different brands of paste. During stress test, the temps would reach 100c and the processor would thermal throttle. One hose was hot, the other cold, just as it should be. I could feel liquid moving. I have since removed the cooler and replaced it with a low profile air cooler. Idle temps at 35c and 80c under full load now. Also turned the fan on the radiator into an exhaust for the case. It gets a bit louder than a liquid cooler would, but not too bad. I created a support ticket three days ago and have yet to hear back. I'm hoping I just got a dud and will be able to RMA.

Did you get this replaced and was it any better?

• 2 months later...

Humm... I wonder if they test their products

Humm... I wonder if they test their products

I suspect so and that the testers are not really "up to the job". This is certainly the situation for Corsair Link 4 testing.

1. With CL 4.7.0.77 the PCH/ICH SMBus interlocking is totally broken :mad:.
    1. Below you can see only five of the six DIMMs were reported and one of the names was misread.
    2. SIV also detected the ICH10 SMBus controller registers had been changed when it was holding the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method named mutex so needed to do retries.
    3. The issue is far more likely to happen on systems with have DIMMs with MTS as other utilities (AIDA64+HWiNFO+SIV) are likely to be reading the SMBus of a regular basis.
    4. I am at a loss as to why Corsair failed to find this issue before CL 4.7.0.77 was released :confused:.

Archived