Corsair Community

Screw Specs for Corsair Hydro Series Cooler Radiators

Yellowbeard

• 1 month later...

Are you quite sure this is correct for all Hydro rads? #6-32 does not work in my 100i. I got some #6-32's and measured them against the 6-32 specs (A-OK) but they do not fit in the rad and visibly larger in diameter than the included mounting screws....

(I am look for the correct screws, which is why I am posting here!)

Thanks, Specter. I did in fact order a set. In the meantime, I found a pair of calipers and measured the screws that came with my H100i. They measure at 0.1315, at the very low end of the tolerance spread for the 6-32 standard. The other 6-32 screws I have ordered, from two different suppliers, measured right around 0.1350, i.e., right near the middle of the tolerance ranges, which are as follows:

0.1312 - 0.1372 (2A tolerance class)

0.1320 - 0.1380 (3A tolerance class)

This is pretty abstruse stuff, but given that the mounting holes in the radiator are so fragile--because of the softness of the aluminum--it is probably good to know that any replacement 6-32 screws you might get are likely to widen the holes enough that the stock screws will no longer hold. I have found threads online complaining of this problem even when trying to use the stock screws on a reinstall of the H series radiators. So, screw carefully friends!

• 4 months later...
Thanks, Specter. I did in fact order a set. In the meantime, I found a pair of calipers and measured the screws that came with my H100i. They measure at 0.1315, at the very low end of the tolerance spread for the 6-32 standard. The other 6-32 screws I have ordered, from two different suppliers, measured right around 0.1350, i.e., right near the middle of the tolerance ranges, which are as follows:

0.1312 - 0.1372 (2A tolerance class)

0.1320 - 0.1380 (3A tolerance class)

This is pretty abstruse stuff, but given that the mounting holes in the radiator are so fragile--because of the softness of the aluminum--it is probably good to know that any replacement 6-32 screws you might get are likely to widen the holes enough that the stock screws will no longer hold. I have found threads online complaining of this problem even when trying to use the stock screws on a reinstall of the H series radiators. So, screw carefully friends!

This is very useful information. At one point I was thinking about the need to obtain longer screws to mount.

So thanks.

Question is there any European or British standards for these screws?

(e.g. both the fan (long) and radiator (short) screws)

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the link, I have a noise on my system and I have discovered it is the radiator which is fitted in the roof of my 780T, vibrating through the case. My screws are only just long enough because of the rubber washers, with the screws in the kit I may be able to put some insulation between the rad and the case.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've had to fit slim line fans to my H100i gtx as the supplied fans wouldn't fit my case, and now I'm looking for shorter screws as the ones supplied are too long.

Im having no luck finding any( I live in Hong Kong) as apparently they are imperial which isn't used in China.. Or anywhere else

(Really? Imperial?.. Im British and even we gave that **** up like 70 years ago.)

Looking for advice as to what screw/thread I need to look for, Guessing I'll have to get some sent from the US. I know its discussed in this thread but people seem unsure..

Or should I cut the originals down? I could go and buy a hacksaw? Or would that just make a mess..

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Just a quick note that I have found. The screws that are coming included with a bunch of the H100i GTX series coolers are too short to properly install in any corsair case which uses the rubber grommets in the top. If you install the cooler with the washers as listed in the installation guide, the screws are too short.

Corsair support was able to send me out part CW-8960008 which has the longer screws.

• 4 weeks later...

I have soured and can confirm that 6-32 X 1.25 is the correct screw for the H110I GTX , i needed countersink ones for the front of the Carbide 400C case the ones i purchased cost me £11.54 for 10 (came in packs of 5) and they are socket 6-32 X 1.25 CSK UNC A2 ST/ST

I can now finish my build no thanks to Corsair :mad:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/IMG_20160315_074259_zpsv2shu7ag.jpghttp://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/IMG_20160315_074309_zpskmpty3w6.jpghttp://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/IMG_20160315_074454_zpsythabtvx.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I've had to fit slim line fans to my H100i gtx as the supplied fans wouldn't fit my case, and now I'm looking for shorter screws as the ones supplied are too long.

Mine are too long too. Inadvisedly, I tightened them down anyway (thinking that it was just a threading issue) and now I'm worried about having put stress on the radiator itself.

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with Corsair for things like this, because in my situation, I'm using the stock long screws. When I looked at it on the side, they've slammed into the stop pretty hard.

When I compared it to the long screws that came with the 570x case, they're a smidgeon longer (less than 1/16th). I've seen this with screws before. {shrug}.

You can get 1/4" shorter screws in America, but that might be too short.

Most crimping tools (like $10 out here) will have as part of them a way of cleanly snapping off bolts to the desired length.

But, I would suggest that you simply use a 1/16th inch nylon washer for each one (that's what I'm doing now, albeit an hour too late).

Archived