Corsair Community

PSA - H80i/H100i Y-connector

Fauxbeard

• Corsair Employees

We've received calls/tickets about an "incorrect" fan cable supplied with the H80i/H100i. The Y-splitter cable shipped with the H80i/H100i/H110i GT has two plastic tabs covering the 4-pin male connector. This is to protect the pins from being bent during shipping and to avoid any unwanted grounding/short problem if the cable is not used while connected to the pump.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18705&stc=1&d=1407342996

Ycable.thumb.jpg.dccec3ca2d269c2c261063f1ede533ff.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys. I figured out you have to take the caps off, and it might just be me being sleep deprived, but what is the proper way to plug in the stock fans that come with the h100i to the y connector? The fans have 2 pins and the y that comes with the box has 4? just stuck trying to figure it out. Thanks guys

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a moment of brilliance that revealed my previous moment of idiocy...The epiphany hit as I pulled the covers off the connector. "Wow, I'm smart!" I thought. "Oh, rly? A smart guy wouldn't have taken an hour to figure this out."

Maybe a little pictogram in the instructions showing that you need to remove the covers from the pins would be appropriate for us smart/dumb guys. : )

My wife laughed so hard I thought she was going to hurt herself.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Best Troll Ever... esp at 4am with no sleep at the end of a 6 hour build... i thought i was going to cry for a few mins til i realized, wait why are these so flimsy... would be huge to print this either on the cover or in the manual...

• 3 weeks later...

hahaha..i almost rmad the one i received...took me an hour to figure out whats what with these pins..glad it is being discussed..lotsa new pc builders who would crack up on these small things..heck i know i did..

hey wytnyt...wats up..check my thread out dudes..did some updates

hey wytnyt...wats up..check my thread out dudes..did some updates

Ive had eyes on your build regularly and Im glad to see things are looking up.,anyone can pay to have sheet metal,panels,painting done by another yet call it built by them but truly doing everything yourself produces so much more satisfaction even if there are flaws.

Things are looking good,keep up the good work...;):

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As funny as this is, this actually fooled me too for a while when I first tried to install an H100i a couple years ago. I did figure it out after thinking about it a while and swearing and cursing a bit, asking my friend I was installing it for "what the heck is going on here?" etc.

Good there's a sticky about it, I can imagine a lot of people were puzzled by this!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived