Corsair Community

Who is NOT having a Link problem?

red454

I am not being sarcastic - but please post here if your Link works as expected.

I don't know how many Links have been sold, so I can't tell how isolated the problems are - but I am really wanting one and want to hear the positive side from anyone who is happy with the Link.

True, I know there won't be many, but hopefully a few out there will "stop by". Currently, I don't think the Link is offered anywhere else but directly from Corsair, so I figured this would be the only place to see any reviews.

I like to read the reviews on NewEgg and Amazon - there is always a mix of "greatest purchase I ever made" and "run away screaming".

I bought my set up (H100 from Amazon, Commander with cooling and lighting nodes from Corsair back in Jan. 22), see my specs for system. I've added a Noctua 120 PWM for cooling the back side of the MoBo. All my fans are the same and are controlled through the H100 or the cooling node same the bottom intake fan which is off the MoBo. The original firmware specs for H100 was 1.0.18 and is now 1.1.12 . The firmware for the Commander. lighting and cooling nodes are the current versions listed on the website. During normal operation after initial start up of the Link S/W, all fans (which are set as "balanced mode", spool up to the higher speeds after the link starts.) I can take them out of "balanced" and raise or lower through the software. I leave the H100 fans set as Balanced and the indicator on the pump is in the "little man" icon position. indicating that the pump speed/ fan speed is controlled by the CPU temp, so I was told by Corsair support. I am fairly well satisfied so far. The only glitch is sometimes upon start up the link s/w does not "see" that a fan is operating up to set speed and records it as "0" speed, causing that icon to flash red.

Well before purchasing these products , I was in touch with both sales and support at Corsair and was and still am impressed with their knowledge and willingness to guide me though many inane questions.

I bought my set up (H100 from Amazon, Commander with cooling and lighting nodes from Corsair back in Jan. 22), see my specs for system. I've added a Noctua 120 PWM for cooling the back side of the MoBo. All my fans are the same and are controlled through the H100 or the cooling node same the bottom intake fan which is off the MoBo. The original firmware specs for H100 was 1.0.18 and is now 1.1.12 . The firmware for the Commander. lighting and cooling nodes are the current versions listed on the website. During normal operation after initial start up of the Link S/W, all fans (which are set as "balanced mode", spool up to the higher speeds after the link starts.) I can take them out of "balanced" and raise or lower through the software. I leave the H100 fans set as Balanced and the indicator on the pump is in the "little man" icon position. indicating that the pump speed/ fan speed is controlled by the CPU temp, so I was told by Corsair support. I am fairly well satisfied so far. The only glitch is sometimes upon start up the link s/w does not "see" that a fan is operating up to set speed and records it as "0" speed, causing that icon to flash red.

Well before purchasing these products , I was in touch with both sales and support at Corsair and was and still am impressed with their knowledge and willingness to guide me though many inane questions.

Well glad to hear it Mate!, consider yourself lucky!!

And that is why it isn't for sale by any other distributer. They don't want a bunch of bad product reviews on other sites they cant control. I'm guessing if/when they get this project back on track it will be available for wider distro.

With about 3 minutes of searching, I found the entire H series for sale online at four places. ALL new products have teething problems, even more so with parts for PCs. The range of probable combinations for this type of product approaches 100s if not 1000s due to backwards compatibility.

One should not make statements that are so easily disproved, another old saying goes like this "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak (or write) and remove all doubt!"

I was not having any problems or complaints until two days ago. Now my H80 profile disappears and reappears with different profile numbers after power cycling and the fan will not maintain the profile after reprogramming it.

Sorry to say

With about 3 minutes of searching, I found the entire H series for sale online at four places. ALL new products have teething problems, even more so with parts for PCs. The range of probable combinations for this type of product approaches 100s if not 1000s due to backwards compatibility.

One should not make statements that are so easily disproved, another old saying goes like this "It is better to be thought a fool, than to speak (or write) and remove all doubt!"

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the Corsair Link Cooling or Lighting Kit not being widely available. The H series water coolers have been out for around a year now, and are easily available. My H100 works great, but my Link Cooling and Lighting kit has most of the problems found on this forum.

But anyways, Performance-PCs now carries both of the link kits.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_107_838

I'm not having troubles with mine. I keep checking in for an update that will allow you to turn the fans off.

Are you using Corsair fans or some other kind? It will work OK for the most part with Corsair fans. It will not work properly with other manufacturers fans.

Are you using Corsair fans or some other kind? It will work OK for the most part with Corsair fans. It will not work properly with other manufacturers fans.

Why would you like to turn off the fans?

Do you mean your fans run in standby?

I would think you would like to keep some air flow going when pc is on and if you turn them down low enough you wont be able to hear them.::pirate::

I spin my four PWN fans down to 350rpm at idle which is quiet and probably not needed since the H80 is sucking a good amount of air through the case also. I have an older Intel 975XBX board that has an intel utility which does exactly what you are talking about, below a temp threshold the fans stop and restart when it gets warm enough. Cool (pardon the pun) idea.

Now with my four fans spun down to 350 the only noise I hear is the H80 pump as the H80 fan goes down to 800 when idle.

To anyone out there that state their Link works flawlessly ...

Does it monitor correctly your hard drive temps? Not an initial start-up snap shot, but an ongoing monitoring of any changes? I cannot understand why mine are not being monitored despite having the latest firmware. These aren't exotic hard drives mind you. Nothing is in Raid .. a pretty plain setup. I'd expect maybe one or two wouldn't be captured, but all of them? I mean, there's even a Corsair Force GT in there for crying out loud! : 1 x WD 1TB WD1001FALS, 2 x WD 1TB WDCWD1002FAEX, 1 x 250 GB Seagate ST3250620AS, 1 x 120 GB Corsair SSD Force GT and 1 x 64 GB Kingston SV200S364G

Does it monitor correctly your hard drive temps? Not an initial start-up snap shot, but an ongoing monitoring of any changes? I cannot understand why mine are not being monitored despite having the latest firmware. These aren't exotic hard drives mind you. Nothing is in Raid .. a pretty plain setup. I'd expect maybe one or two wouldn't be captured, but all of them? I mean, there's even a Corsair Force GT in there for crying out loud! : 1 x WD 1TB WD1001FALS, 2 x WD 1TB WDCWD1002FAEX, 1 x 250 GB Seagate ST3250620AS, 1 x 120 GB Corsair SSD Force GT and 1 x 64 GB ******** SV200S364G

The Force GT doesn't have a temperature sensor. Maybe the others don't as well.

Does it monitor correctly your hard drive temps? Not an initial start-up snap shot, but an ongoing monitoring of any changes? I cannot understand why mine are not being monitored despite having the latest firmware. These aren't exotic hard drives mind you. Nothing is in Raid .. a pretty plain setup. I'd expect maybe one or two wouldn't be captured, but all of them? I mean, there's even a Corsair Force GT in there for crying out loud! : 1 x WD 1TB WD1001FALS, 2 x WD 1TB WDCWD1002FAEX, 1 x 250 GB Seagate ST3250620AS, 1 x 120 GB Corsair SSD Force GT and 1 x 64 GB ******** SV200S364G

Just curious, have you tried using speedfan to monitor your hard drives. It is possible your temp data may not be accessible by any program depending on the motherboard architecture, chipset, and drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

No .. It is not a chipset, motherboard architecture or driver issue from what I can see. case in point:

A> I have 3 WD drives. All are fairly recent models, still being sold. WD states on their site:

"..Every WD EIDE and Serial ATA hard drive has an internal temperature sensor located inside the drive casing .."

B> I tried an application call Hard Disk Sentinel: It monitors all of my drives' temps on the fly.

So, it's safe to say that the issue is not at my end, but with Link.... *sigh* Right now, as it stands, this was a BADDD purchase ... I'm hoping firmware and software updates will turn things around, because this unit has not delivered so far.

What I found with my hardware.

If I load WIN7 x64 with bios set to AHCI all temps are displayed in corsair link gui.

If I load WIN7 x64 with bios set to raid and have my SSD non raid with 4 WD drives in raid 10 no temperatures are displayed in the corsair link gui.

If I use speedfan which should be able to read all disks S.M.A.R.T. details and temps I get no reading when using raid.

Hard disk sentinal does not read any temperature sensors on the four drives.

The only reason I suggested chipset, etc was I observed changing symptoms and had to try various configurations to really understand what was happening with my hardware.

I hope the concerns you have get addressed.

Thanks for the info t53186. I hope Corsair uses your examples to further develop the Link. When you say "If I load WIN7 x64 with bios set to AHCI all temps are displayed in corsair link gui" do you get ongoing temperature readings, or just an initial snapshot?

Well, I can't honestly say. My desire was to get the SSD running in AHCI and the HD's in RAID 10. When I got that working, no more HD temps, so I did not leave the system in ACHI long enough for a thorough analysis of hd temps but I did see them flucuate when adjusting fan profiles.

Right now, no HD temps and I'm lucky to have a somewhat stable control of 5 fans. 4PWM fans for the case and the H80 fan all plugged into the fan control module.

Archived