Corsair Community

CUE - League of Legends patch update issue

ZioVulpes

Hello, Sorry for my english...

I'm happy to write here, I received good assistance years ago for my beloved M90. Sorry for my english...

Today I've a M65 pro RGB and I use it for LoL. I set a profile for it but I had an annoying issue for what I can't find solution.

Each time league of legends updates his client the path of the .exe changes and the corsair utility engine doesn't recognizes the profile i registered. (I didn't write in profile subsection cause I think is more an .exe/compatibility issue than simply a profile).

Has anyone of you found a solution?

I saw a lot of topics about rgb lol's profiles, champions profiles etc. is there anything for my issue? Thank you a lot!

• Corsair Employee
Hello, Sorry for my english...

I'm happy to write here, I received good assistance years ago for my beloved M90. Sorry for my english...

Today I've a M65 pro RGB and I use it for LoL. I set a profile for it but I had an annoying issue for what I can't find solution.

Each time league of legends updates his client the path of the .exe changes and the corsair utility engine doesn't recognizes the profile i registered. (I didn't write in profile subsection cause I think is more an .exe/compatibility issue than simply a profile).

Has anyone of you found a solution?

I saw a lot of topics about rgb lol's profiles, champions profiles etc. is there anything for my issue? Thank you a lot!

The path shouldn't change. There's a chance that this may be more of an issue with linking the profile to the wrong .exe file. A lot of games, LoL included have a launcher .exe and a proper game .exe, while LoL is running, open task manager in order to pinpoint which .exe file the main game is running from. This should work for any game that utilizes a launcher before it actually runs.

No. The only exe file of the game client is here: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.205\deploy (pasted from lol forum, and is the same of my task manager).

The trouble is that 0.0.1.205 changes name for each patch (some days ago was 0.0.1.204). Some of your competing brand gaming software have the same issue, others no, others have but users discovered that tampering a line of registry about the path of the profile (this way C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\*\deploy) have solved. Searching in google I saw that corsair users tried this trick but doesn't work.

So I'm here to ask help ;_;

• Corsair Employee
No. The only exe file of the game client is here: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.205\deploy (pasted from lol forum, and is the same of my task manager).

The trouble is that 0.0.1.205 changes name for each patch (some days ago was 0.0.1.204). Some of your competing brand gaming software have the same issue, others no, others have but users discovered that tampering a line of registry about the path of the profile (this way C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\*\deploy) have solved. Searching in google I saw that corsair users tried this trick but doesn't work.

So I'm here to ask help ;_;

Interesting. I'll take a look and see if there's a way to work around this.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived