Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB & ASUS Strix X470 compatibility

Batou222

Hi All,

I have purchased by accident two kits of: CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

I understand that I will need to return these and purchase a 32GB kit.

However I'm having issues with the kits on their own (2x8GB) and the options for any 4x8GB on the ASUS board's QVL are the older Corsair Vengeance RGB. The issue with the kits is they will not boot on DOCP settings and just fail. The options on their QVL are not readily available in AUS.

Corsair 32GB(4x8GB)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance Pro RGB are readily available and I love the style of these ram sticks but I'm afraid going down that path will lead to the same outcomes as before.

Is it just something I'm doing wrong?

I'd like to be able to prove that the 32gb kit will work so I can order it but thus far having no fun with either of the 16gb kits I have.

• Corsair Employee
Hi All,

I have purchased by accident two kits of: CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

I understand that I will need to return these and purchase a 32GB kit.

However I'm having issues with the kits on their own (2x8GB) and the options for any 4x8GB on the ASUS board's QVL are the older Corsair Vengeance RGB. The issue with the kits is they will not boot on DOCP settings and just fail. The options on their QVL are not readily available in AUS.

Corsair 32GB(4x8GB)CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance Pro RGB are readily available and I love the style of these ram sticks but I'm afraid going down that path will lead to the same outcomes as before.

Is it just something I'm doing wrong?

I'd like to be able to prove that the 32gb kit will work so I can order it but thus far having no fun with either of the 16gb kits I have.

Is a 3000 kit @32gb available? I'd get a 2x16gb kit for your motherboard.

-Art

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve got a set of the 3200Mhz Pros in my Strix x470 board now. Boots fine using DOCP @ 3200 CL16 with all 4 sticks in. Runs OK, but popped 3 errors in memtest86 over a 6 hour run. I moved the sticks around and rerunning the test, will see what happens. I’ll either return them and go for CL14 sticks or RMA them if they fail again.

Archived