Corsair Community

H150i not showing up in iCue

Tyg420

Hello, I just installed iCue along with other drivers on a clean windows install, and everything seems to work, except for the H150i Pro. It does not show up in iCue, the light just does its thing while every other device is connected. I tried reinstalling iCue, and I tried to go into device manager and look for "Corsair USBXp driver" in Serial Bus Controllers based on a reddit thread with the same issue, to disable and re-enable it. (but with a different cooler) but I could not find the USBXp driver. How can I make it show up? Thanks in advance :)

ps; is it possible to turn off/change the light in front of the numpad on scimitar mouse? its usually red or white and it really annoys me, would love it if it synced with other lights or just turned off completely. And do I need to install the software for my k95 and mm800 aswell? (And mouse, although the software doesnt seem to be for the scimitar, just for the dark core), it all says its CORSAIR Utility engine (CUE) software, so I need iCue, CUE, and LINK?

First, you only need iCue. iCue is the combination of both CUE and Link.

Second ... on the H150i PRO, did you connect the USB cable? If so, what's it connected to and can you confirm that it's connected properly?

The USB is connected yeah, its connected on the bottom of the board, next to my other USB devices, I also tried a usb next to it to check if the usb port might've been dead on my MB or something but that dindt work either, pulling it out was very difficult, and i plugged it in fairly sturdy. But it doesnt recognize it still

So let's try this:

Take a standard data micro USB cable and route it to a USB port on the back of your system. And please fill out your system details ... I know we've been over this but it's harder to go back and look up other threads. It's super-helpful to have your system details right there.

So let's try this:

Take a standard data micro USB cable and route it to a USB port on the back of your system. And please fill out your system details ... I know we've been over this but it's harder to go back and look up other threads. It's super-helpful to have your system details right there.

Ah, yeah sorry I forgot to do this. Probably should've done that way earlier. What do you mean with "Take a standard data micro USB cable and route it to a USB port on the back of your system"? Apologies but I honestly don't know what this would be, you mean get a motherboard USB plug with the other end being a USB to go into a usb port outside the case? like a keyboard, mouse etc.

The cooler has a USB connection on the pump head. That is a standard micro USB connection - like for phones (pre USB-C). Since it's a standard USB connection, you can take a standard USB cable (as long as it supports data; some are power only, so be careful of that) and plug it into the Pump head. You can then route it around to the back of your case and plug it into one of the USB ports on the back.

Also ... before we go there, have you updated all of the drivers? You'll need to update the chipset drivers for your motherboard, even if Windows seems to automatically detect them.

The cooler has a USB connection on the pump head. That is a standard micro USB connection - like for phones (pre USB-C). Since it's a standard USB connection, you can take a standard USB cable (as long as it supports data; some are power only, so be careful of that) and plug it into the Pump head. You can then route it around to the back of your case and plug it into one of the USB ports on the back.

Also ... before we go there, have you updated all of the drivers? You'll need to update the chipset drivers for your motherboard, even if Windows seems to automatically detect them.

Ah, yeah. I could try that, but I believe iPhone chargers dont support that, so i'll have to wait for a proper cable, ill look into that though.

And yeah, I updated my drivers. Chipset, nvidia, bluetooth, asrock RGB led

iPhone has it's own, proprietary plug. It's not a standard micro USB plug.

A couple of other things to try ... make sure that XHCI Handoff is enabled in the BIOS, Fast Start is disabled (again, in the BIOS) and Windows Fast Startup is also disabled.

Also, look in Device Manager and see if the Corsair USBXp Driver is in there. If so, disable it and then re-enable it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread again, but was a solution ever found?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem, where the Corsair USBxp driver isn't even showing up in either Device Manager or in USBDeview. I've tried fresh installs and swapping to other USB headers and what not, with no results. I'll try the USB cable re-route and chipset updates, but just wondering if another solution might have sorted the problem, cheers

I have no unknown devices in the Device Manager and USBDeView isn't showing up anything for 1b1c unfortunately

OK. So that tells us that Windows isn't seeing the device on USB. Which is also why iCue isn't seeing it. Running a standard micro-USB cable to the rear IO will narrow down it being a cable issue. That's really the next step. If it's still not seen, you'll need to open a support ticket.

Archived