Corsair Community

3.4.95 Vengeance RGB bug

Piplos

This version brought a new bug about the Vengeance RGB modules. They take like 2-3 seconds to switch the color scheme, when I switch the profile.

Also, no fix yet for standby behavior, leds are still on.

Also, still only those 4 effects.

Corsair Vengeance RGB confirmed to be the worst RGB product ever.

The standby behavior is not a bug, so there is no fix. The line of RAM is over 4 years old and they havent had any major changes, so it's going to be pretty limited in terms of effects.

This is so funny. Tell me more, so they sold for over 4 year a product which doesn't work properly and it's known not to be a bug?

I want my money back. Months trying to fix this annoying bug on a 190€ product and still no solution. This is RIDICULOUS.

Hey, hey!

I'll tell you more about a 4-year old memory product.

The reason there are only 4 effects for software control, is that the Vengeance RGB isn't capable of supporting the dynamic lighting effects because of the hardware limitations due to the SMBus. The interface can't keep up with the amount of data required to have lighting play quickly and fluidly, and that knocks out a lot of the new software effects available.

Emphasis in bold.

Depending on the motherboard as well, not all SMBus work the same from one motherboard's software to another.

Nothing is going to come out of this. It's old hardware technology from a time RGB was still new to the market.

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176244&highlight=vengeance

Hey, hey!

I'll tell you more about a 4-year old memory product.

The reason there are only 4 effects for software control, is that the Vengeance RGB isn't capable of supporting the dynamic lighting effects because of the hardware limitations due to the SMBus. The interface can't keep up with the amount of data required to have lighting play quickly and fluidly, and that knocks out a lot of the new software effects available.

Emphasis in bold.

Depending on the motherboard as well, not all SMBus work the same from one motherboard's software to another.

Nothing is going to come out of this. It's old hardware technology from a time RGB was still new to the market.

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176244&highlight=vengeance

That's cool, but I bought these three months ago, I didn't thought these were old. Now what can I do? I want a good RGB support, these RAM modules are constantly freaking my OCD out

That's cool, but I bought these three months ago, I didn't thought these were old. Now what can I do? I want a good RGB support, these RAM modules are constantly freaking my OCD out

Well... The only thing you can do is sell the ram and but the Vengence Pro if you want more powerful lighting. This is pretty much the extent of the RAMs capabilities.

• Corsair Employee

Clearing up some misinformation and answering questions in this thread...

1. Vengeance RGB launched just over a year ago.

2. We still support Vengeance RGB and right now it has the largest selection in kit size and frequencies.

3. Any LED RAM will remain on when your PC is in standby mode... that's standard behavior and it's been that way since LEDs began appearing on RAM modules.

Edit: As an added note... when your PC goes into standby mode, it actually keeps RAM powered on so it can quickly recall everything you were doing when you come out of standby. If this bothers you, you can try hibernating your system or simply shutting off your system when you aren't using it.

4. The number of effects for Vengeance RGB will not change... there's only so much you can do with single-zone RGB lighting.

5. The delay between when you apply a lighting effect and when you see it on RAM can change depending on your system configuration. There will always be a delay, even with newer RAM.

Also, as a side note, I'm still a big fan of the lighting of Vengeance RGB, my personal setting for it is a rainbow effect with a long group delay so it looks like a rainbow wave across all my modules.

Archived