Corsair Community

570X AIO and Vengeance Incompatibility ?

Dicehunter

I just watched Hardware Canucks review of the 570X and 1 worrying thing of my potential future case is the incompatibility between having a 280mm Corsair AIO with 1 x set of fans in either push or pull and Vengeance LED memory.

It's mentioned at 6:15, If this is actually correct this is a HUGE design flaw considering the high end price of this thing, Can someone at Corsair please reply to this or just confirm/deny if this is correct as I was going to buy this case at the end of the week and this would be a no go for me considering I do have a 280mm Corsair AIO and Corsair Vengeance RGB memory.

Again, If big IF this is correct then whoever is in charge of testing your own hardware with your own hardware needs to give their head a wobble or maybe get someone new in because they obviously haven't done their job, This is meant to be a showpiece item, What's the point of it if you can't put top end stuff in it ?

[ame]

[/ame]

You can't put a 280mm up top with anything. The 460 and 570 just don't have the width for it. You can squeeze in 140mm fans, but certainly not with a radiator. You will be running into the VRM and ATX plug as well the base of the DRAM slots. The 460 and 570 are not great for 280's and thus the excitement of the impending 360mm release.

A 240mm is potentially viable on most set-ups in the 570x, but that is where RAM height might come into play.

I tried to put in a h100i (240mm) at the top and it didnt fit as it made contact with the vengenace ram.

However, I have seen people fit it, I believe mine does not fit as my motherboard might position my ram slightly more towards the top ??? Not sure. But I have seen it done.

Also in regards to 280mm, this is pulled from corsairs website on the 570x

Radiator Compatibility:

360mm: Front only

280mm: Front only

240mm: Front or Top

120mm: Front, Top, or Rear

You can only put 280mm at the front, and even if you did youd only have 2 fans at the front which would look weird lol. I suggest changing to h100i or buying a different case

certainly is in the 570x specs about rad placement so no flaw on that front ;) . researching before buying is certainly a good thing to do ;).. assume? makes an A55 out of U and ME ;)

I have Dominator platinum pro ram and can get my h100i v2 up top but not as push/pull.. its been done though... 'material' was removed from the Fan housings along side low profile ram.. where there's a will there's a way lol

one thing i will add...

I will be ordering the H150i Pro RGB.. which will leave my h100i v2 as spare.. was thinking about getting the hybrid kit for my gpu and putting the h100i on it with rad mounted up top.

not a lot of room between those fans and the rad pipes so no room for rad up top with a 360 rad in front unless the pipes on the h150i are long enough to be mounted at the bottom

0G7Awm8l.jpg

Picture is of h100i v2 mounted in the front of my 570x in push/pull config with 120mm fans up top.....

You can't put a 280mm up top with anything. The 460 and 570 just don't have the width for it. You can squeeze in 140mm fans, but certainly not with a radiator. You will be running into the VRM and ATX plug as well the base of the DRAM slots. The 460 and 570 are not great for 280's and thus the excitement of the impending 360mm release.

A 240mm is potentially viable on most set-ups in the 570x, but that is where RAM height might come into play.

Please clarify this statement, thanks.

The sentences that follow the first are the clarification. You can fit a 280mm radiator in the top of a 570x, but not with fans. You can fit 140mm fans, but not with a 280mm radiator. Obviously not the way to set up a cooler and maximum size is clearly marked on the product page. You might as well prune this whole thing. There never was a question to be answered here and the original intent is clear. This question is genuinely discussed in multiple other places including alternative options, workarounds, and some RAM height information.

On the money c-a!!! I have just read a huge thread you did a while back on this exact subject. and as stated its been discussed multiple times... but mainly.. it does state in the specs what will and wont fit... no flaw,, no issue.. no head wobbling needed lol

wouldnt let me give you any more rep lol.. told me to spread it around else where before I 'do' you again lol.....

Archived