Corsair Community

Help with Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop

fredlaso

Hello,

I just purchased Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop and it came with 460W Dell power supply. I would like to buy Corsair brand I just do not know which would be compatible. I am thinking of a PCU unit between 650-750W. Dell offers me an upgrade for a used one 850W for $230. I do not want to spend that much.

I looked at Amazon.com but I cannot figure out which one of your brand would be compatible.

If you would be so kind to assist me I would greatly appreciate it indeed.

Below are the links to Dell forum with their Power Supply Spec.

Ny Desktop has the following Spec.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz Octa-Core Processor

8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

DVD+RW Drive

Dual Band WiFi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.1

Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

460 Watt Power Supply w/ Polar Blue LED

Includes: Dell KB216 Wired Keyboard + Dell MS116 Wired Mouse

Ports:

6x USB 3.0

1x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1

2x USB 2.0

1x Audio Combo Jack

1x 3-in-1 Media Card Reader

1x P/S 2

1x 7.1 Channel Audio Out

Expansion Slots:

3x 3.5" bay

2x 2.5" bay

2x PCIe x1

2x PCIe x16

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/20019321?pi21953=1#

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/20024419/21031446#21031446

Thank you kindly in advance.

Fred

• Corsair Employee

A lot of people in that forum thread are wrong. They shouldn't be focusing so much on the +3.3V and +5V combined because the PC doesn't need that much power on the +3.3V or +5V. Those rails are mostly there for backwards compatibility. A PC only uses as much power as it needs. It's not going to all of the sudden not work because there's 20W less power available on a particular rail.

Judging from the posts in that thread, the PSU is a standard ATX mount and the connector is a standard ATX12V connector, so go nuts with whatever PSU you want.

If, as jonnyguru mentioned, it's a standard ATX mount and a standard ATX12V connector, any standard ATX modular PSU will work.

It's likely that it is a standard PSU. OEMs used to have all kinds of shenanigans with non-standard mounts and connectors but that happens less and less. Turns out that it actually costs them more for the custom designed hardware than using standard, commodity hardware. Still, be prepared for the possibility, however remote, that Dell did something just weird enough that standard hardware won't fit.

Archived