Corsair Community

K90 & M60 BF4 issues

Dunkyoo

Hey guys,

Just like with BF3 I have the issue with my K90 keyboard where (in my case) the "W" key is not registered when pressed in BF4. I have had direct email contact with Ramguy about this back in the launch month of BF3 and although I could RMA my keyboard at that time I decided to keep it because BF3 probably was causing this problem. But now with BF4 I have the same problem. Sometimes when pressing the "W" in game I just won't move and have to release all key's before it register any key press again. I had this before and after I updated to the latest firmware/drivers. I really have had it with this problem now.

Because I can't find any related problems on the internet (no search options in this forum??) I think my keyboard my be faulty after all. Can I still get a RMA on this?

Also since last week I had two times that my M60 mouse switches to very low DPI settings (I turn like 10 degrees and normally I turn 360 degrees) when in game and after 3 or 4 seconds it changes back to the settings I set it to be and after 10 seconds or so it happens again and it keeps happening. I have to quit BF4 and restart the game because it is unplayable. When I get back in Windows it is working fine again. I think this is since the last firmware update I did (1.12).

I'm running (a fresh install of) Windows 8.1 and the latest firmware/software (1.12) for the K90 and M60.

Anyone else with these problems?

The three processes are probably m60hid.exe, k90hid.exe and the software.

Aah ok, so I do need all of them.

Are you still in the warranty period (2 years from purchase date)? If yes, you can request an RMA to replace the keyboard.

I'll have to check, and if so I'll RMA the keyboard.

Butt what about the mouse DPI issue? Am I the only one with this problem so far?

Trying it now...

edit

If I enable hardware playback the software won't save my changes in DPI settings. If I set all DPI settings to max it still stays the same. When I enable hardware playback it says that it will "playback" the macros I last saved to the mouse. I never did use macro's.... What does this mean?

edit 2

I figured it out already, a macro is a profile:hmmm:

I got hardware playback enabled now, so lets see.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a while before I could test it properly because of all the BF4 crashes. I just installed a fresh copy of windows 8 and on the third evening of testing it just happened again in BF4 and even in the spawn menu with hardware playback enabled. When I quit the game and go to desktop in windows it is normal again.

Anybody with this issue? If not it's probably my mouse....no?

Got to say I'm not impressed with Corsair mouse/keyboard so far. Have had it for 1.5 years now (M60/K90). Last week had to RMA my keyboard also for key register issues.

No, that's the weird part. If it is BF4 that is causing the problem more people would be affected i guess. But that doesn't seem to be the case. If it is the mouse it would be logical to occur in other games too.

It also happened when I restarted BF4 and origin after the issue occurred. I was loading a new map and the issue started in the battlelog browser. But my mouse pointer was just jumping all over the screen, then normal again and then very slow etc. Maybe I have to restart my pc first.

I'm going to buy another mouse of a different brand and see what happens. I don't know it anymore...

It certainly doesn't sound like an hardware issue as it's working fine on other games. It might be BF4 settings, there should be some files for BF4 settings in My Documents. Have a Google and delete the ones that are for settings or just move it out of My Documents.

Have you tried adjusting the polling rate?

Have you tried launching the game with a different internet browser?

It certainly doesn't sound like an hardware issue as it's working fine on other games.

Now that I think of it. It started when playing BF4 and haven't played any other game since. So I have to test it on other games. I will do that on a lan party in two weeks.

It might be BF4 settings, there should be some files for BF4 settings in My Documents. Have a Google and delete the ones that are for settings or just move it out of My Documents.

So the game will place new files from the cloud? I did this by installing a fresh windows 8.

Have you tried adjusting the polling rate?

Have you tried launching the game with a different internet browser?

Haven't tried both, but will do so.

Thanks for the quick replies Toasted!

Not sure the difference between the M60 & M65 - but haven't had these issues with my M65 in BF4 myself. I have issues with hit registration in the Frostbite Engine - but that certainly doesn't have anything to do with Corsair's mouse..lol

I am having issues with the mouse not responding anymore - but that's for everything - not just BF4.

EDIT: was only outdated by 1 driver/firmware version - but upgraded to those and watching the mouse currently...

I think I know what the problem of my mouse issue is. BF4 can cause memory leaks and after I saw that my FPS dropped to as low as 1, I checked my memory usage and I was using 15.6GB of my 16GB RAM. You have to restart your pc to fix it.

I had frame drops before but I thought that was an other kind of BF4 bug. Also your pc reacts differently to memory leaks (in my case anyway). Sometimes you have frame drops, sometimes your mouse starts to stutter and maybe the frame drops happens some time after that.

Thanks for the support Toasted:biggrin:

Ps; I had a mail of Corsair that another keyboard was already shipped to me yesterday. Thanks guys for the fast RMA procedure!!:headbang: (Hope it fixes that issue).

Strange. Not having the memory issue - as it stays pretty stable around 3.9G used (and I have 16G also). Question - are you running on a 64 bit OS and have you enabled the 64 bit launch in the Origin->BF4->properties? (right click on the BF4 icon). Not sure what that would cause - but just curious.

As far as my M65 - I updated the FW & SW and put in a 2.0 USB (funny how my old Logitech G5 never had issues with a 3.0 slot...) - but stopped responding twice today and just filed a RMA on it. It will start responding again if I unplug/replug into the USB - but none of my other mice have the issue with the port - so highly doubt it's a HW issue.

Guess I'll just have to have the old G5 on standby each time the new and improved M65 decides to stop working.

edit: just for clarification - Asus Sabertooth Z77 MB/3770K Processor/16G Ram/GTX 670/Win 7-64

Yes I'm running 64bit OS and tried BF4 in 64bit and 32bit.

I was running an overclock wich was stable for more than a half year and had no problems with BF3 and other games. I'm running a very low overclock now with every thing on default and the memory leak didn't happen to me again so far. And only one crash...

Archived