Corsair Community

all fans spinning, but not all fans are showing in Corsair Link

ihavenoname

Hello --

I just set up my new build today in a Corsair 750D case.

I am using:

Corsair Link Version 4.9.7.35

1 H115i (connection - 2 fan cables to Female cables, 3 pin to CPU Header)

2 140 MLs, 1 140 ML Pro, and 1 120 ML Pro (connection - all 4 fans are plugged into the Chassis Fan Header through a 4 pin Fan Extension Hub)

When looking into the case, I can see that all 4 non h115i fans are spinning, but only 2 of them are displaying in Corsair Link. They are connected to the hub extension to Fan 1-4, with nothing connected to the CPU on the hub.

When loading CorsairLINK, I am showing that while I am sitting on my desktop doing nothing, my h115 Fans are spinning at 640 and 631 RPM with the pump at 2790. I can see 2 of the 4 fans connected to the extension hub, spinning at roughly 2777 speed.

I am sure I am forgetting some important details, so if you need any extra information, please let me know. Just trying to get these other 2 fans to show up, and gain the ability to adjust their RPMs when necessary.

Fan extension hub looks like this if it matters. - https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81UjdH7WO2L._SL1500_.jpg image seemed too large to post in the thread.

Thank you

That thing is just a big splitter. Typically you only get one speed reading from it and you obviously won’t have control with it connected to the motherboard. It’s possible you two fan speeds are really a duplicate or something else entirely.

Is that normal for a fan hub? I picked up this cheapo one to make sure that everything would be adjustable before dropping 70 bucks on the Corsair Command Hub. The Corsair Command Hub claims that you are able to adjust the fan RPMs through their hub.

I do realize that there is definitely a difference between the two hubs and one is a Corsair product, but I am still finding it weird that two fans are showing up, and 2 are missing.

If I upgrade to a Corsair Command Hub, would that resolve my problem in not being able to see my 2 other Corsair fans, or is the claim on the product page not accurate in that each fan is adjustable within that hub?

The Commander Pro is a controller in the strict sense of the word. It provides individual control of up to 6 fans.

The thing you have is really just a powered splitter. I am assuming there is some kind of molex or SATA lead on that. If not, then it is just a standard splitter. This is fine for some things, but the motherboard header it connects to is the actual "fan controller" and that determines the speed. As such, it is one control source and 1 speed for all fans connected. It is most likely you are seeing a somewhat traditional duplicate of fan/temp data in Link, especially if it's in the motherboard panel of the app. Even if you have two fans on a splitter, they will never be perfectly synchronized. Both mechanical and polling differences will prevent that. If the two values are identical and in step, that is a give away it is not a real value.

Short answer, if you need to individually control all those different fans, then you need a proper fan controller or several motherboard headers. If it is OK for them all to run the same speed, you are fine as is.

Archived