Corsair Community

Replacing a H100i

EightBitRanger

I'm not sure if my 5-year old H100i (CW-9060009-WW) is starting to wear out on me; lately I've been getting ridiculously high temps even at idle (thermal throttling at 100c even at idle). If I end up replacing it with another Corsair, how much difference is there between that one and one of the newer H100i's like the CW-9060025-WW, CW-9060033-WW or CW-9060039-WW?

RGB is of little importance since my case is fully enclosed without a window; I just need something to keep my i5 9600k cool.

Edited by EightBitRanger

I was able to connect my AX860i to my old H100i with the digital interface cable and have both show up in Corsair Link but unless I'm missing something, I can't find a place to connect it to on the H100i Pro. Is that functionality no longer around on the newer cooler models?

I was able to connect my AX860i to my old H100i with the digital interface cable and have both show up in Corsair Link but unless I'm missing something, I can't find a place to connect it to on the H100i Pro. Is that functionality no longer around on the newer cooler models?

No, that functionality is no longer available. I think your cooler generation was the first and only to do that. You'll need a USB connection from the PSU.