Corsair Community

USB Overcurrent Detected>Regarding Pre-Installed NoPro With Spec Omega

Kirinaka

So I've had this PC for over 2 months now and have never had an overcurrent problem, I came home this morning and went for my usual gaming session and when it booted it kicked in to the overcurrent boot screen and shut off 15 seconds later. After testing around i found out it was the Lighting Node Pro that came installed inside the Carbide Spec Omega RBG I have, specifically the Connection from the NoPro to the USB on the Motherboard. After disconnecting it, my pc boots fine but I no longer have control over any of my rgb fans or case rgbs. I have 6 LL RGB fans and I was told that wouldnt be the reason it would overcurrent, any Ideas? Faulty NoPro? I dont believe so, I have had full control over everything up until today. Faulty MOBO usb port? Afraid not, tested it and it works perfectly.... Many thanks from a frustrated lover of corsair products....

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about that. I suggest heading over to our support team at http://support.corsair.com and they should be able to help you out. Could be a faulty LNP.

So the one that came with the Carbide Spec Omega RGb isn’t specific to that case even though it says spec omega on it? And is there anyway if not spending a lot of money on the lnp light strips!

No, it is specific to the Spec Omega RGB ... well, at least the firmware is. But it's still, under the covers, a Lighting Node Pro.
So I cant purchase a standard LNP to replace it or I can? And if so can I buy one without the entire kit, just the LNP?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived