Corsair Community

Corsair Polaris MM800 Lighting

For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off the lighting when I lock my PC. How can I do this?

For my keyboard I just saved a 'blank' profile to device memory, but the Polaris doesn't have a 'device memory' so I can't do the same trick.

How do I go on about doing this? My PC is in my bedroom and I can't sleep with a lightshow going on.

Thanks

• Like 1

That sounds a bit.. retarded? How could Corsair overlook this? I cant see how not turning the lighting off is not even an option in CUE. Just makes no sense.

Can someone from Corsair weigh in on this? The Razer Firefly (yes I am talking about a competitor) can do this basic requirement just fine.

I'll talk to the devs but most likely its not up to them.

That would be great. It's quite a basic functionality if I am perfectly honest and I am unsure why none of the Corsair peripherals have this. I own a K75 RGB LUX, a Scimitar and a Polaris. I also own some competitor peripherals and all seem to have the functionality to turn off lighting after X amount of inactivity and/or when Windows is locked.

As a developer myself, I don't think this is hard to implement, but I guess it just needs to get in the pipeline of having it done.

If you could get back to me with some feedback that would be great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately there is no setting to save lighting to the mouse pad. The only thing you can do is disable the USB power setting when the system is asleep via the BIOS.

Could you not have a time out function in CUE that sets all lights to black? Since CUE always runs and is always needed for the pretty lights and functionality could the software not save/store and control this type of setting?

I regret getting the mouse pad now. When my computer's locked, my M65 and K95 are all blacked out while my MM800 is going nuts. If CUE can't be accessed, it seems like there's no need for the light show.

They really need to address this. It's a huge turn off.

• 3 weeks later...
I regret getting the mouse pad now. When my computer's locked, my M65 and K95 are all blacked out while my MM800 is going nuts. If CUE can't be accessed, it seems like there's no need for the light show.

Exactly. This needs to be fixed ASAP. (although I've still not managed to get my Scimitar RGB to black-out when locked either; my K75 LUX blacks out fine.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just bought the MM800 and very much consdidering returning it unless the ability to disable lighting while in sleep or inactivity is updated. If CUE isn't available the light show should default to some user defined state (or just simply OFF).

It would be a huge shame to have to return a great mouse pad just because of a simple feature that the competition already has...

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the Polaris and I'm in the same boat. I was really disappointed when I locked the computer and saw the rainbow effect. Like others, when I step away from my PC, I lock it.

I don't want my room to be a riainbow show when my computer is locked and not in use. If anything, I want everything to be OFF. I also have the K70 keyboard and thankfully it has a light key which I press to turn off the LEDs. With the Polaris mouse pad, there doesn't seem to be any kind of solution.

As others mentioned, devices from other companies seem to have no problem turning off when you lock your computer but all of my Corsair problems go into a light show.

Can we please have a firmware update (even if it's optional) where the default light/LED state for the mouse pad is the LEDs turned off? That seems to be the easiest and most logical fix.

I know Corsair probably wants the consumer to see the mouse pad light up and go into rainbow mode when they first connect it for the wow factor but after the initial "that's cool" reaction, it turns to annoyance when you realize that's the default power state.

I love the mouse pad but it's almost not worth keeping for this very reason. Pleeeeease give us new firmware.

Edited by dcx4610

I noticed that after a recent update there was a button in the middle of the top part of the MM800 screen, when I clicked it my MM800 went dark. I'll have a look when I get home from work and post some better info.

Edit: It turns out that it was the button to the left of "advanced" that shut the lights off.

Edited by snapper69

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately Polaris doesn't have onboard storage to save lighting. Unlike our keyboards and mice, there is no possible way to "save" static lighting or even disable it. Let me see what I can do regarding having a FW that disables all LED by default for those of you who want this but by design, lighting on this pad is always on as long as there is power. Edited by Corsair James

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just bought the K95 Platinum and the MM800.. but I'm a quite disappointed there is no feature to auto-switch off the lights. Why can't you'll add a timer/timeout feature? Even if I put off my monitor the lights still stay on. I have to goto the CUE app and click the off feature everytime is quite annoying. I know it doesn't have any onboard memory, but so does the Razer Firefly. There synapse app has a feature for it to shut down while away (timeout) unlike CUE.

I feel people are going to be turning away after they realise this drawback.

Please release an update with this!

I've had this pad for a while, I did purchase the best buy replacement plan with it.

I am surprised they can't use their software to disable the lights, or switch the lights to a dark color automatically when locked.

I might just use my BB replacement plan to replace this and go with the Razer one which seems to be able to do this simple task.

Corsair dropped the ball big time with this pad, also the USB passover design was a huge fail because its huge, it should be low profile like the Razer so the cable doesn't keep tugging when moving the mouse. Its just an annoyance.

It seems like Corsair releases great stuff but the software end lacks big time.

A couple of weeks ago, I deleted the default profile for my Polaris from Cue and replaced it with my own, which just lit it up in blue and made that the default. I tend to leave my computer on 24/7 so I never thought any more about it, until yesterday. I went to check some temps in Link and noticed that Link wasn't running, neither was CUE. I used Task Manager to check that Cue wasn't running in the background, but I couldn't find any sign of it. How is this possible?

• 1 month later...
Has there been any update to this problem? I just bought one and can't believe there isn't an option to just turn off the lighting when in lock or sleep. Very disappointed as it's a really nice mouse pad otherwise. I'm likely going to return it because of this.