Corsair Community

150i Pro in a Crystal 680X

Dragonne

Hi all you smart people,

I'm planning on moving my PC from my old Obsidian 600D into the 680X. So, I have bought and received the 680X and an H150i Pro (thought I might as well replace the H100i at the same time).

Now, I'm looking at the components, and wondering how best to put the two together. Obviously, I want to keep the 3xLL120 fans on the front as they add character and look to the chassis. However, I'm not sure how to do this and mount the H150i PRO in the front.

My first thought was to replace the ML120s on the radiator with the LL120s. The problem is, to get the RGB effects, the LL120s would have to be plugged into the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, not the H150i fan controller. Surely the H150i fan controller needs to have fans plugged into it as these are the 'CPU fans'?

I have also considered leaving the LL120s on the front (pushing into the radiator), plugged into the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub, and putting the ML120s on the back of the radiator (pulling), connected to the H150i fan controller. My worry here is using different kinds of fans in a push/pull setup.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to best set this up?

Ideally, I don't want to buy more fans or other hardware. I have the 7 fans that came with my purchases (including the rear extraction fan on the 680X).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

hi buddy...

prob worth the read...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

you could still power the LL fans from the H150i for cooling,,, the RGB and PWM connections are separate,

and you would be able to match fan curves between LL and ML in iCUE

Thanks, Zotty. I didn't realise that the fan and RGB were on separate connectors. I don't really need push/pull, so I'll just use the LL120s on the H150i for now. A bit of a waste of ML120 fans, but maybe I can use them elsewhere in the case.

Push/Pull sure does look the part though lol. i figure if you are putting RGB items in then its as much about aesthetics as anything else and there is nothing pretty about a naked radiator imho, where as by adding the fans it screams POWER!!!!!! ;) :) :D