Corsair Community

Didnt iCue allow a fan curve based on GPU temp?

MoonFrost

Am I crazy? I just saw my gpu temps go to 60C on water and usually I could hear my fans but I couldnt. I thought I had set it up to incline the fan rpm based on gpu temps. Is this not a thing? I dont want to raise it based on cpu because I have a 8700k and it regularly spikes from 40C to 70C in an instant, and only for an instant, causing my fans to go nuts. I am runnign a watercooled system and I do not have a temp sensor probe.

What I'd actually recommend that you do is to use the sensor probes included with the Commander Pro as your source. Putting it into the exhaust flow of the radiator will give you a very good idea of the coolant temperature, which is what you're actually trying to manage. You won't have issues with disappearing sensors AND your fan curves will run whether iCUE is running or not.

What I'd actually recommend that you do is to use the sensor probes included with the Commander Pro as your source. Putting it into the exhaust flow of the radiator will give you a very good idea of the coolant temperature, which is what you're actually trying to manage. You won't have issues with disappearing sensors AND your fan curves will run whether iCUE is running or not.

thanks for the tip, I may try that next time I open my case up