Corsair Community

Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX or 520HX

LTB-P5WD2

I am looking to replace my Antec Neo Power 480 with either the Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX or 520HX. I am not sure which to get. The PSU also has to help exhaust the hot air out of my Lian-Li case. I used the tool to calculate watts and it recommeded 500w psu if I overclock. Should I go for the 520 or the 620 or is there another you would recommend?. I will be upgrading my mobo and CPU in the future. Motherboard will be the Asus P5 WDH deluxe CPU a Core 2 Duo E6400. You can look at my specs to see my setup. Thanks for any help!

Either unit will be good.

If you have the extra funds, then like me, get the HX620.

The only trouble with these units is, that they won't heat up my room in the winter time with hot air like my previous PSU did.............:D:

Get one, you won't be sorry. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking to replace my Antec Neo Power 480 with either the Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX or 520HX. I am not sure which to get. The PSU also has to help exhaust the hot air out of my Lian-Li case. I used the tool to calculate watts and it recommeded 500w psu if I overclock. Should I go for the 520 or the 620 or is there another you would recommend?. I will be upgrading my mobo and CPU in the future. Motherboard will be the Asus P5 WDH deluxe CPU a Core 2 Duo E6400. You can look at my specs to see my setup. Thanks for any help!

Either unit would be more than adequate for your needs. However, if you're going to upgrade your graphics subsystem to two cards which use a high-end x1900 series GPU in a CrossFire configuration, then get the 620. The 520 will suffice for a system with a single high-end graphics card or dual midrange graphics cards in SLI/CrossFire.

Archived