Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.2.5695 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Version 3.2.5695.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

• Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v3.2.5695, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  • What version of Windows you're using.
  • Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  • Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  • Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

8/12/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.2.5695

Change Log:

• Address issue when custom curve is selected for a fan device the fan RPM would be set to 100% when the program was maximized onscreen.
  • Firmware v1.1.8 for the H110i GT is now included with the installer package.
  • RMi series now supported when connecting through a Commander Mini
  • Fan profile graphs have been updated.
  • Default custom curve values of H80i GT, H100i GTX, and H110i GTX have been updated.
  • Fixed various typos
  • Fully compatible with Windows 10 final build

Known Issues:

• There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit.
  • If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system! See below for instructions on how to manually fix this in certain circumstances. The latest version to support the Commander unit is Link v2.7.5361.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 10 Pro

Summary:

Just installed 3.2.5695 and want to thank you for fixing the fan RPM to 100% issue. Only bug I see currently is with regards to the LED. When I open Corsair Link the LED comes on when it should be off. When I click on the LED in the Corsair Link system tab it fixes itself. Settings are LED Mode: Temperature

Yea - let me add my thanks for fixing the fan running up to 100% when the CorsairLink window opened

So far everything seems to be working well with 3.2.5695. I did use a profile made while using the previous version, so everything popped back when I loaded that profile.

Many thanks!

One question about the installer:

At the end of the install process, when you get to the second from last page, it asks if you want to Launch CorsaireLink and/or make a desktop icon. OK, no problem

Click next to go to the last page where you find a selection to Restart the computer

If you check both Launch and Restart, CL opens momentarily then the computer shuts down & restarts.

Does the computer need to be restarted before launching CL? If so, it might be nice to remove the Launch option. Or visa-versa.

Again, many thanks for all the good work everyone at Corsair is putting into this project.

working good on both my machines, was wondering why 1 installed corsair link (usb dongle) and the other doesnt. i uninstalled it and still runs fine, the corsair hydro 7289 usb device and corsair link software is all thats needed.

ASUS z87 gryphon - i7 4770k - h100i - Windows 10 Home

ASUS z97 m-plus - i7 4790k - h80i - Windows 10 Pro

I have just uninstalled all 3 of the 3.2.5676 items. After doing this I checked to see if the driver packages had been correctly removed and they had not.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22560&stc=1&d=1439450477

Not only were they still present, but I could not delete them using pnputil.

I found by doing as below I then could.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22561&stc=1&d=1439450495

Is this a known issue and when is it likely to be corrected please?

Please update the known issues to include this work-a-round.

1134135772_UninstallStillThere.png.560ec352177b4e2581ef99704a9e339b.png

523817343_UninstallCopyMissing.png.0475b1a199489bcb9f30c7d68990736c.png

(Problem with h110iGTX is installed as h100iGTX).

When i installed Windows 10, i used version: 3.2.5676. Here my h110iGTX were recognized as h100iGTX.

Before installing the newest version, i uninstalled the drivers, and did the manual deletes of the settings folder.

After installing the newest version: 3.2.5695, the cooler is still recognized as h100iGTX.

I then tried to use the above example to remove the drivers manually, but with the same result.

Problem with h110iGTX is installed as h100iGTX.

I recall this happening before but can't find the thread, though I remember that Corsair Dustin got the unit RMAed so it could be investigated in the labs.

Assuming it also had the incorrect firmware installed at the factory you will need to RMA it. Raise a ticket via https://corsair.secure.force.com/.

If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777178 you will see a H110iGTX should have a Product ID/PID of 0C07 and I expect yours has 0C03 which is why it's reported as a H100iGTX.

I had another search and found it, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141901. It was actually a H80iGT being detected as H100iGTX.

8/12/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.2.5695

Known Issues:

1. There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit. A firmware update for the Commander will be issued with a new software release to address this issue.
  2. If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system! See below for instructions on how to manually fix this in certain circumstances.
  3. The latest version to support the Commander unit is Link v2.7.5361.

1. On what date is this expected and what will the PID be changed to please?
  2. To me this implies if I update the driver CL 3.2.5695 will report my old Link Commander. I know this is not the situation and therefore feel the post needs to make it clear that after doing this CL 3.2.5695 will still not report the old commander. Having checked HWiNFO and SIV will and I feel this should be made clear. By "certain circumstances" are you cryptically saying "you will have to use SIV"?
  3. CL 3.1.5667 reported my old commander well (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790530) so why are you saying 2.7.5361 is the last version to support it please :confused:?

I suspect needing to manually update the old Commander driver at all would not be needed if you changed HydroS7289.inf to include the USB Device revision in the match. I expect all you need to do is append &REV_0100 to all of the following:

[DeviceList]

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07

[DeviceList.NTamd64]

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07

so the lines end up being:

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02&REV_0100

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03&REV_0100

%USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07&REV_0100

Given the Asetek firmware can't be updated I can't see any potential issue with doing this. It would also be sensible to append the model names to give:

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (H80iGT)"

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C03.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (H100iGTX)"

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C07.DeviceDesc="Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (H110iGTX)"

This assumes you also fix the issue I raised in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795631.

software not working for me

w10 pro x64

i couldnot work it at first last two (3.2.5676 , 3.2.5695) softwares those started at windows boot but cant open software window it jammed and

i managed it change this two files ( CorsairLink.PlugIns.Clink.dll , CorsairLink.Common.dll )

it is working now (3.2.5695) but i couldnot manage the firmware update

it says corsairlink has encountered an error: Error loading firmware! pls check your connection and try again

but software works with 1.0.7fw somehow

un-installed version 3.2.5676 at the same time the two driver too with the feature of the system,

removed the corsair link from the device manager and removed the folder in %appdata%.

rebooted computer and set-up the new version with the same result as the previous one.

• Windows 10 pro x64 Spaniard
  • Corsair Hydro serie H80iGT

:confused:

sshot-1.png.322bdaa07039e2c2452b02ab87c45d65.png

sshot-2.thumb.jpg.28c336e8a18436776873dc3a6ba7914d.jpg

2. To me this implies if I update the driver CL 3.2.5695 will report my old Link Commander. I know this is not the situation and therefore feel the post needs to make it clear that after doing this CL 3.2.5695 will still not report the old commander. Having checked HWiNFO and SIV will and I feel this should be made clear. By "certain circumstances" are you cryptically saying "you will have to use SIV"?
  3. CL 3.1.5667 reported my old commander well (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=790530) so why are you saying 2.7.5361 is the last version to support it please :confused:?

Here I got my hopes up that the new software would magically recognize my old commander. Still using SIV, still works pretty good. PSU might be on it's way out and was considering a RM650i. Not so sure if they can't get the software to work with the old commander though.

• Administrators

I suspect needing to manually update the old Commander driver at all would not be needed if you changed HydroS7289.inf to include the USB Device revision in the match. I expect all you need to do is append &REV_0100 to all of the following:

1. You're referencing a copy/paste error in the change log that has since been removed.

2/3. "certain circumstances" does NOT reference any 3rd party software in any way whatsoever. If you have a Commander and it happens to work for you in a version after 2.7.5361, that's great, but it's not supported after that version.

1. You're referencing a copy/paste error in the change log that has since been removed.

2/3. "certain circumstances" does NOT reference any 3rd party software in any way whatsoever. If you have a Commander and it happens to work for you in a version after 2.7.5361, that's great, but it's not supported after that version.

1A) http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=792094 still states this. My question stands.

1B) You also removed "LED saved settings for “cycle color” not persistent after restart if two of the colors are set to 0 (255, 0,0) New firmware revision to address issues will be available in a later release. RGB LED strips connected to a Commander Mini flash when a custom curve fan profile speed change takes place.

Custom Curve bug. " was this also a copy/paste error?

2) What are the "certain circumstances" in which CL 3.2.5695 will report an old Commander please?

3A) AFAIK the 2.7.5361 has only recently been quoted. Had this been clearly pointed out with the first release of CL 3.1 then many users could have RMAed their old Link Commanders while they were still in warranty.

3B) Given it takes SIV < 30 lines of C code to support the old Commander why don't Corsair fix CL 3.2.5695?

Have you passed on how I think the .INF can be fixed please?

doesnt the hydro 7289 usb driver replace the corsair link usb dongle driver, not sure why both install still when only the hydro 7289 usb driver is needed. ? or does it serve some other purpose. ?

No, If you check the .INF files you will see the PIDs are different. The dongle driver is for PSUs.

well on 1 of my machines the usb dongle driver installed and on the other it didnt so i removed it on the one it did install on and it all still works fine. ok im using a cs power supply which doesnt have link, so i dont need it then, thx for clarifying.

It all depends of exactly what hardware you have. As you can see there are tri different .INF files for the two drivers.

D:\>dism /online /get-drivers /format:table | find "Cors"
oem12.inf      | siusbxp.inf             | No    | USB                  | Corsair Memory, Inc.           | 14/07/2010 | 3.3.0.0
oem28.inf      | hydros7289.inf          | No    | USB                  | Corsair Components, Inc.       | 07/05/2015 | 3.5.0.0

If you exit CL, run SIV and post screen shots of the SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Devices] panels I could tell you more.

its ok, next time if it installs (showed up in control panel add/remove programs) i will leave it. im not worried, the difference also could be one is z87 and the other is z97. im just happy since the adding of the hydro 7289 link once again worked fine on my z87 with my h100i being detected. :) thats why i thought it was a replacement for the corsair usb dongle driver.

its ok, next time if it installs (showed up in control panel add/remove programs) i will leave it. im not worried, the difference also could be one is z87 and the other is z97. im just happy since the adding of the hydro 7289 link once again worked fine on my z87 with my h100i being detected. :) thats why i thought it was a replacement for the corsair usb dongle driver.

So you just have an H100i? If so that uses the HID driver which comes with Windows and neither driver is used.

As I implied, you need to say exactly what CL hardware you have.

Hello,

just 2 days after installing 3.2.5676 I installed and removed the Roam folders (as stated on 3.2.5676 installation tips).

I have H100i GTX.

Now:

-Custom curve "seems" to work.

-Custom allows to get 800rpm minimum (on custom, but no longer on default nor quiet, as on 3.1.5770).

-I keep not having system tray. When it first installs and launches, system tray icon is present and DOES WORK swapping between profiles without needing to go full window or opening a new spp instance (as I readed before). Also gives measures on mouse.

-After 1st reboot I keep NOT HAVING system tray icon (as with 3.1.5770 (CL I firstly installed).

-If I have a custom curve profile when I OPEN THE NEW INSTANCE OF CL TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER PROFILE OR FOR ANY POURPOSE, FANS RAMP TO 2200rpm even if current selected profile is my custom curve. I have to select another profile, it loads properly and then I can go back to my custom one. I close that CL isntance and it keeps, but each time I would open CL again... same issue. If I am on a premade curve that does not seem to happen, I mean, it stays on that profile and it does work as that profile.

-Now for the very first time, every time I close CL I don't get the "do you want to save changes?" message IF I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING AT ALL (that happened 90% of the times with previous).

-No "attack of the clone devices/zero readings" so far (only 1 day).

Regards.

Hello,

I have a problem with temperature Info. If I minimize Corsair Link it don´t show.

In Version 3.2.5676 it was that even the fan speed and the temperature information don´t show when Link was at full size. Now after the update or better the new Installation (remove folders from %appdata%) it shows in full screen but not in the minimize options. With older versions under Windows 7 I had similar problems and after the update to Windows 10 I installed 3.2.5676. Are there any advice how to handle that issue?

Thank you!

Regards

Lukas

H100i, AMD FX 8350, Geforce 770 GTX, beQuied 850 W Power supplies

Archived