Corsair Community

When are you posting Windows 10 drivers?

AbsoluteMayheM

the version date on the audio drivers for headsets is 09/22/2014 .. Can we get some updates and some support for Windows 10?? I was in windows 10 public beta and they worked fine for a long time, the last three windows build releases they stopped working all together. I get an error when you try to configure the speakers "Error: failed to play test tone." and even if i set them to the default sound device, sound still comes out of my speakers .. so that sucks at LAN parties and using skype/team speak.

an update in 2015 would be nice! support for 8.1/10 would be nice!

Otherwise i'll just spend 100$ on another brand. not worth the headache over 100$ head sets .. even thought they are great :when: they work.

Oh no, here we go again. Had to wait months for decent windows 8 driver for my Vengeance 2000. Don't Corsair dev's have Windows 10 dev builds installed and can start working on drivers before release? Why can AMD & Nvidia have drivers ready months in advance of a new OS release.

Windows 10 testers have already been testing the final bits and they will be the first to receive a Day One patch that Microsoft is developing. The software maker has also been rolling out daily hotfixes to existing testers, fixing issues just days and hours before the final release. http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9055065/windows-10-pre-download-windows-7-windows-8-pcs

just to give my .02, I see it as like buying clothes for a baby, they may fit for a couple weeks but they dont fit in a month. when they stop growing new clothes last a whole lot longer.

if M$ keeps changing the code and or environment how can anyone properly write code to fit? "A day one patch"? so even the final version is not final? that has to be very difficult to work around developing drivers and program files on an ever changing OS IMHO.

windows 10 has not even cut its official first tooth yet and i'm confident the developers ar Corsair are under megatons of pressure to fit several products on this new windows OS as soon as they stop making changes.

this is just my opinion on the matter as ive seen this many many times before with printers and copier drivers (im a tech, its my occupation).

I have literally had hundreds of customers with driver issues following an OS upgrade or SP, and with the most expensive commodity patience, the manufacturers nail it and once again i have happy clients.

id like to believe Corsair is working around the clock to nail this.

hang in there :)

M$ keeps changing the code and or environment how can anyone properly write code to fit? "A day one patch"? so even the final version is not final?

The ONLY OS that's final is when they declare no further support,Windows changes on a daily basis...

Mircosoft gave versions of Windows 10 to their partners months in advance with near finalized code, the only major changes have pretty much been bug fixes. That is why many others have already released Windows 10 ready drivers/utilities. Unfortunately, Corsairs audio development hasn't been the greatest since they released the original HS1's I bought back in 2010. I eventually got RMA'd to the original 1500's for free, and later received the H2100 for testing and review purposes from a retailer. Sadly the original problems the HS1 had still exist to this day in all of Corsairs audio products, with even more issues popping up since the arrival of Windows 8. Even the beta program I was once a part of didn't fix them. A look at my past post will show the colorful history of their audio development, and the very same lack of communication which Corsairs leadership has apparently deemed acceptable from their refusal to change things 5 years later. :(

Thankfully their RGB development team seems to have things together! But as promised years back, I haven't "bought" another Corsair audio product yet. I truly hope they do get their audio development together though!

just to give my .02, I see it as like buying clothes for a baby, they may fit for a couple weeks but they dont fit in a month. when they stop growing new clothes last a whole lot longer.

if M$ keeps changing the code and or environment how can anyone properly write code to fit? "A day one patch"? so even the final version is not final? that has to be very difficult to work around developing drivers and program files on an ever changing OS IMHO.

Stop being a fanboi. They need to get working drivers out for their customers ASAP or their reputation is going to take a massive hit.

I have managed to get the H2100 working by initiating an install of the drivers then canceling the install when it asks for admin permissions. I have no idea why that works. You don't get the control panel or the fancy 7.1 and Dolby features though, it just functions like a regular stereo headset. It also has a bit of a background hiss like this too. But its better then nothing while they sort the problem out.

The following steps worked for me.

Just upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 on a Dell Latitude E6410.

My Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset (USB) stopped working, with the same symptoms as reported by other users.

Steps:

- Go to Windows 10 settings

- Select "Connected Devices"

- Remove Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset

- Remove the headset from the USB

- Put the headset USB back in and wait for Win 10 to re-install it

After making sure that the headset is the default device (right-click on the Speakers icon in the Windows tray, select "Playback Devices"), it works as before (both microphone and audio).

Note that my BIOS has the USB legacy checked (which was checked by default I assume before the Win 10 upgrade). Not sure if that BIOS setting makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

Thanks caillous - this solution worked for me.

The following steps worked for me.

Just upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 on a Dell Latitude E6410.

My Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset (USB) stopped working, with the same symptoms as reported by other users.

Steps:

- Go to Windows 10 settings

- Select "Connected Devices"

- Remove Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset

- Remove the headset from the USB

- Put the headset USB back in and wait for Win 10 to re-install it

After making sure that the headset is the default device (right-click on the Speakers icon in the Windows tray, select "Playback Devices"), it works as before (both microphone and audio).

Note that my BIOS has the USB legacy checked (which was checked by default I assume before the Win 10 upgrade). Not sure if that BIOS setting makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

To throw my hat into the ring, here is my personal experience so far with the V2100 and Windows 10.

After installing a fresh copy of Windows 10, it seemed to find the correct drivers for me automatically. Sound is good, levels seem normal.

However, after installing the Corsair Headset control panel and drivers, I ran into one odd problem.

I often switch between my headset and my monitor (HDMI) sound. With the control panel software and drivers installed I would switch back to my headset and the sound would not initialize. I wouldn't be able to hear anything through my headset, and system sounds would still come through my monitor (HDMI) speakers. Resetting the computer seemed to fix this, until it would happen again when switching.

I ended up switching back to the default Windows drivers for now. Maybe I will play around with it later, or just wait until a new version is released.

EDIT: I would like to say that I have always found the Corsair control panel to be rather lacking. Especially when it comes to granular control over the Surround feature - personally, when Surround is enabled I think it sounds like there's too much echo. I would love to dial that down a bit. Also, I would love the ability to dial up the "rear speakers" effect. All-in-all, it's a bit disappointing because I am 100% happy with the headphones themselves. Come on, Corsair! Raise the bar a bit; be a leader!

I reported this problem a couple weeks ago. I have Bose Companion 5s and often need to jump back and forth between them and a Corsair H2100. When shifting to the Corsair as default, Windows will indicate that it has done so but no sound will come out of the headset unless I sign off, then sign back on. Interestingly, I am generally able to switch back to the Bose as default and they work fine.

Thus, though I've not tried the steps outlined higher in this thread, I fear it may work -- once. You'll then be back in the same boat when you attempt to set your default to be the Corsair.

Ah i see we are back to the "no communication" or "not supporting our own products with a functioning driver". It would seem lessons were not learned with windows 8.1's release, I am disappointed windows 10 is showing signs that it will be a repeat of 8.1's release, With customers having to wait months for a functioning driver yet other manufacturers can produce drivers prior to release.

I will be sticking to windows 8.1 with my V2100 until a functioning driver is released, Which is beyond a joke i have to wait for the manufacturer to support it's own product with the most basic of functionality.

Some communication from Corsair would be helpful to your customers although i'm more likely to see pigs fly passed my window based on previous experience :laughing:

Consumers are not asking for much or features to be 100% straight off the bat, Basic functionality would surfice for now imo

For the problem of switching multiple devices, did you try the free wonderfull software AudioSwitch.

I use it to swith, between nvidia audio screen, Realtek Speacker, Logitech G430 (Because mic works fine in windows 10) and Corsair H2100 (mic doesn't work)

I switch without any problem.

Hope this help you ...

Just bought a Raptor HS40 headset. The box said that the mic cancels out background noise, so I was surprised when my friend told me that I had some. I checked, and, I did have some background noise. I googled it, and found out about people having the same problem, and recommending the corsair headset control software, so, I got it, aaaaaaaaaand no windows 10 support.

Even windows 8.1 did not have this option though it was supported. Other versions of the driver did have the option but they were full of other issues.

I have just updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and my corsair drivers and software open without issue and i can listen to things in 7.1 without issue using my v2100.

I do hope corsair will release a fully functioning driver with all the features like noise cancellation soon as i've had this issue through my entire experience of windows 8. I can minimize the background noise in teamspeak but it does not work as well as it did in previous versions using the driver itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately for me with the current drivers I get constant BSOD's with my Vengeance 1500's due to an old driver (Cahs164.sys) basically I go to play some music (programdoesn't matter fb2k/youtube/etc all cause it) and my headphones cut out (the light on the volume control turns purple) and the only way to get the headset to work again is to unplug and re-plug back in in which it's a gamble the headset will either go back to working or will cause a crash in Cahs164.sys with the code "driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations" (this all happened on Win 8.1 with regards to habving the headset drop out with needing to unplug/re-plug, but it never crashed, the BSOD is a new symptom with Win 10)

@Corsair Chris The issues I had occurred ona clean install of Win 8.1 and a clean Win 10 install, the problem is in C-Medias USB audio driver (Cahs164.sys) which you guys use, I have a full mem dump opened in WinDbg right now if you'd like to see for yourself?

Archived