Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 reverse sound

Obelisk111

Hi there,

I've recently bought the Vengeance 1500 headset, but am having issues with the left and right audio channels randomly reversing during games, specifically Mass Effect 3 (Have not tried other games yet).

It starts out ok, and sometimes works for a couple of hours with no issues, but other times it'll reverse within a few mins after starting the game.

I've noticed it seems to do it more often if I tab out of the game and then back in, but it has also done it during gameplay a few times too.

One workaround I've found is to set it to 5.1 mode in the windows configuration and then back to 7.1, but it only works for a while, and if I do this then the MIC stops working in game completely, infact I think all voice communications in game stops working for some reason, meaning I can't talk and I can't hear anyone else talk either. Other voice coms running at the same time seem unaffected though, as I run Xfire in the background to talk to specific friends, and voice coms still work there.

I've searched for this problem on google and in this forum, I've noticed others have had this problem in the past, but I can't seem to find a fix anywhere.

I've completely disabled the onboard VIA High Definition Sound in the bios, uninstalled all sound related drivers and files and started from scratch with this headset, and still the problem persists.

I know from reading the other posts that the manufacturer is aware of this problem, so I'm wondering if they're working on a new version of their drivers that might solve it? Otherwise I guess I'm out of luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my system specs are....

Motherboard = ASUS CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor 3.31GHz

Graphcis = Nvidia Geforce 5600Ti GTX

Operating System = Windows Vista 64bit

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee

Can you email me with more info Obelisk? Please be as detailed as possible regarding your system description including BIOS version, what version chipset drivers, provide a DXDIAG report, which specific Win 7 OS you're using, and other pertinent system information you feel would be valuable. I also need a list of the games you frequently play that causes this to occur.

Once you pass this to me, I can provide it to our team so we can investigate this thoroughly and get it repeated for analysis.

Hi Ram Guy, and thanks for your reply.

I can send my DXDIAG, with the TSXpress thing, right?

Also I thought I had found a way to reproduce the issue. If I'm playing Mass Effect 3 and it's on a loading screen (possibly at other times during game too, but haven't tested), I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Del, then select the Task Manager. This will bring up the Task Manager briefly, and then the game will take control again and pop back up on screen. I then pressed Alt-Tab to get to the desktop and found the sound had reversed. I could even get it to reverse back to the correct left and right channels using this method.

Unfortunatelly while this was working a few hours ago, it seems not to work now, I only mention it thinking perhaps it will help point in the right direction as to the cause of the problem.

While reading my DXDIAG report, I noticed this...

--------------

System Devices

--------------

Name: High Definition Audio Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E0C&SUBSYS_351D1458&REV_A1\4&30701AFE&0&0110

Driver: n/a

Could that possibly conflicting with the vengeance 1500 driver?

Ok, I have attached my DXDIAG report.

I've uninstalled the...

--------------

System Devices

--------------

Name: High Definition Audio Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0E0C&SUBSYS_351D1458&REV_A1\4&30701AFE&0&0110

Driver: n/a

...and so far I've not had any issues, but as I said before it can sometimes go a few hours before reversing.

As for the chipset driver version, I'm not sure how to find out which one I have, although I'm rather certain it's the original from the install disk.

BIOS version is in the DXDIAG report. "BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/17/11 13:08:40 Ver: 08.00.15"

I've not tested it in other games yet, as most of them are not installed currently. I will get to work on that in the next day or so as time permits.

DxDiag.txt

Hello, I am also having this problem. I thought I fixed it when I bought the headset as I had this issue before and had to do a fresh install of the diver software. It hadn't affected me for months then it started to do it again.

Would really like to see a solution here. So here's my dxdiaog as well. Hopefully it can help.

DxDiag.txt

• Corsair Employee
Hello, I am also having this problem. I thought I fixed it when I bought the headset as I had this issue before and had to do a fresh install of the diver software. It hadn't affected me for months then it started to do it again.

Would really like to see a solution here. So here's my dxdiaog as well. Hopefully it can help.

Thanks Chowe. Can I get some more information for you? What version BIOS do you have and when does this audio switching occur as well? Is it during gaming, movie watching, both, or is it completely random for you as well?

A little update from me,

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and installing the ones that Windows Update supplies. At first everything was fine, but then the audio reversed again when tabbing out of the game "Natural Selection 2".

Now I'm beginning to notice a pattern with this reversing. If I tab out of a game (the game is still running in the background) and then start up Internet Explorer and watch something on youtube, the audio reverses.

I'm not sure if it's limited to Internet Explorer or youtube, or just any other program that takes control of the sound, but I usually always have Internet Explorer running at the same time as a game, and it seems I run into this reverse audio problem most often after going to a webpage that has audio on it, like a movie clip on youtube does.

As before, I managed to get the audio to switch back by watching something on youtube again, and while this worked then, it seems not to work now, as my audio is reversed and wont switch back.

I have this issue with my corsair vengeance 1500's as well.. I've only noticed it during gaming, but I only use my headphones when I'm gaming and on skype. And with skype I probably wouldn't know if it was reversing so that makes it only really possible to notice during gaming. It's really annoying though. Any news on a fix for this

I'm using an Asus p8p67 pro mobo with onboard audio drivers and windows 8 x64. This was also occurring on win 7

• Corsair Employee
I have this issue with my corsair vengeance 1500's as well.. I've only noticed it during gaming, but I only use my headphones when I'm gaming and on skype. And with skype I probably wouldn't know if it was reversing so that makes it only really possible to notice during gaming. It's really annoying though. Any news on a fix for this

I'm using an Asus p8p67 pro mobo with onboard audio drivers and windows 8 x64. This was also occurring on win 7

Can I get your DxDiag Xaaronfx, and what your current BIOS version is as well as if you're using the latest drivers?

I think I've fixed mine. I updated my bios to the latest version (it's a BETA bios) around mid day yesterday (GMT), and things are looking good. I've even tried my best to get it to reverse, like playing a game and tabbing out to watch something in IE, and all the other circumstances that resulted in reverse audio, so far my left and right channels have remained correct, fingers crossed.

• Corsair Employee
I think I've fixed mine. I updated my bios to the latest version (it's a BETA bios) around mid day yesterday (GMT), and things are looking good. I've even tried my best to get it to reverse, like playing a game and tabbing out to watch something in IE, and all the other circumstances that resulted in reverse audio, so far my left and right channels have remained correct, fingers crossed.

What version is the BETA BIOS? Keep me informed Obelisk of any changes.

It's the Beta Version 3029 for the "Asus Crosshair IV Formula" motherboard, downloaded from...

http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/Crosshair_IV_Formula/#download

DXDIAG reports it as "BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/09/12 15:51:34 Ver: 08.00.15"

The reason I went with the BETA is that it says "Fixed HDMI Audio function can not work" in the description. Now I don't know if the fix is only in this BETA version, or if it's in previous ones, as there's been at least 2 updates (probably more) since I last updated mine.

I've had this problem since I bought them aswell. Been waiting to see if a new driver would come out. The speaker switch only seems to happen in FPS games: BF2, Skyrim, ME3, Natural Selection 2, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, etc. I think the driver just likes fighting with Windows. The switch seems to be acompanied with a switch from 5.1 to 7.1. Been trying "exclusive mode" in Speakers Properties' Advanced tab. Doesn't seem to help.

Archived