Corsair Community

Second Action applications

Hammer757

New here, Thanks to those who put all the work into the tutorials and guides! that's a lot of hard work.

I'm trying to use the Text Action feature to create a text macro for a common response in a game and assign it to a G key. I've already created one just using the regular macro action. but having to clean up the recorded text in the macro is a pain and it seems that this is what the text action feature is for.

So to start I created an "OpenChat" macro and recorded the "Y" keypress, required to open chat the game. then created a MyText text action with my text in it. and finally a CloseChat macro with the required "enter" key to close the chat window completing the action.

In OpenChat 'MyText is assigned as the Second Action

In MyText' CloseChat is assigned as the Second Action

This works fine except the Enter key never fires so in the game so the chat window stays open.

As a test I assigned MyText to a G key and with notepad open, I hit the G key and the text showed up followed by the return. So I know that the second action call in text action works when it is the first action in the sequence.

This tells me second action can only be used one time. ie, you don't get a third action. That is unless I'm missing something. If anyone can confirm this or provide a work around or maybe a different approach I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Robert

Correct. Second action can only be used once.

The best way to accomplish what you want is put it all into a macro action. Don't record delays which makes clean up easier. Record your macro exactly like you would in game. After you are done recording, use Add Delays Between All Events and set it to 1ms. Now, you need to manually increase the delay for opening the in-game chat window (after Y is pushed). The delay has to be long enough in order for the window to pop up before it begins to autotype. Try 250ms as a starting point.

Archived