Corsair Community

A key gets hit twice

iTzBockes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, i thought i was the only one, but i have the same problem with "a" and 1 or 2 other characters which i cannot recall at the moment.

i had always thought it's because i do not bottom out the keys, but then what "itzbockes" said is true, i also only have this problem with "a" and a few others.

k70 rgb brown

• 4 weeks later...
It's the red switches. Happened to me as well, at first, but not any more (once getting used to it). The sensor inside the switch is activated somewhere between the initial push and about the halfway point of plunger travel, not at the bottom of the switch. Try it for yourself ... slowly depress just one key making note of when the character pops up in this forum space. You will see that there isn't much travel needed for some of the keys to activate. Irritating, yes, but like everything else in life, humans end up adapting to it -once- they become aware of the rules.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

If you guys are all experiencing key chatter for a RGB keyboard, I'd really like your keyboards back. Fill a RMA form and PM me your ticket number. I'll take care of all of you personally.

If you experience key chatter on a non-RGB keyboard, we will still replace your keyboard (since its a physical problem with the switch) so PM me your number too.

• 5 months later...
I bought mine from amazon and they're issuing a replacement free of charge but I wonder if this is an issue that's consistent throughout this type of keyboard period. Mine started with the K letter. A temporary fix was uninstalling the corsair utility and unplug then plug the usb cable back. That seemed to fix it for now. I'm still going to take the replacement though

• Corsair Employee
I bought mine from amazon and they're issuing a replacement free of charge but I wonder if this is an issue that's consistent throughout this type of keyboard period. Mine started with the K letter. A temporary fix was uninstalling the corsair utility and unplug then plug the usb cable back. That seemed to fix it for now. I'm still going to take the replacement though

Typically chatter is from the physical Cherry switch itself - while Cherry switches are heavily screened, sometimes issues can get through and this type of problem happens.

• 4 weeks later...
Typically chatter is from the physical Cherry switch itself - while Cherry switches are heavily screened, sometimes issues can get through and this type of problem happens.

Hey James. I want to request an RMA for the chatter on my K70 RGB but I got one of the first K70s with the classic Corsair logo on it. I'm worried if I RMA, I will receive one of the Corsair Gaming versions as a replacement. Is there any way to avoid this?

Thanks.

Hello Corsair James,

I have this same problem only I don't think it's a mechanical issue because i have this a lot when I just start my pc up and am having this with nearlly all my keys it happens intensely after bootup but after that it happens every few minutes. Can it be a software problem ? I have had this keyboard for only a few months do I have to return it to the shop i bought it from or will you handle it ? becuase I am from belgium. Also I have the latest software and firmware running on my keyboard and pc.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue with the B key on my K70 Brown RGB keyboard. It does not activate with the tactile bump like other keys and the output is "jittery". In almost every case I either miss the letter or end up with a double/triple letter.

This only started happening over the past few weeks and is now very frustrating. I've had the keyboard for around 10 months now. How long will the RMA process take from Australia and will I receive a refund on postage? I don't have any other spare keyboards right now.

I have the same issue with the B key on my K70 Brown RGB keyboard. It does not activate with the tactile bump like other keys and the output is "jittery". In almost every case I either miss the letter or end up with a double/triple letter.

This only started happening over the past few weeks and is now very frustrating. I've had the keyboard for around 10 months now. How long will the RMA process take from Australia and will I receive a refund on postage? I don't have any other spare keyboards right now.

you can request a express RMA so you wont be with out a keyboard. but youll need to contact Corsair Support for more info.

• 2 weeks later...
If you guys are all experiencing key chatter for a RGB keyboard, I'd really like your keyboards back. Fill a RMA form and PM me your ticket number. I'll take care of all of you personally.

Well I started filing a RMA long ago, but I apearently lost my invoice/reciept so I guess I am stuck with this piece of crap.. Is there a way to mmake a rma without the reciept?

I've been having tthe same problems with my k70 rgb broown swittches. Stared a couple months ago and afterr fruittless attempts too reinstall CUE (another issue alone) unplugging, ,restartting, internet searches,, coomoputter settings, i justt found tthis thread. Hoow does tthe RMA apply, whatts tthe process and wwhat does it coover? (shipping costs ,ettc?)

Archived