Corsair Community

Help - Voyager Air & Galaxy Note 2 Issue

Rsmin

Just purchased the Voyager Air 1TB (N/A version) and have it hooked up to my home network. Can see and run files from my computers, and my Asus Infinity TF700 tablet with the Voyager AIR (android app), but when trying to use my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (android app), it will connect to the Voyager Air and I can see that I have gotten to it, but will not budge when selecting "settings" or "Local" or anything within the Voyager Air. When you select one of the 4 options in Voyager Air via the Android APP it just sits there with a little round "circle" for a few seconds waiting and nothing happens.. I also noticed that there is another user on the Google Play Store with a review of the Voyager app that states he can't access anything on the Voyager Air with his Samsung Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Note 2.. Currently running Android 4.1.1 on a Verizon Note 2. i figure it's something within the Galaxy Note2 being that my Asus tablet and my computers can access the "Air" perfectly.

One other note, when you open the Android Voyager Air app on the Note 2 it looks "oversized" as also mentioned by the reviewer on Google Play store review.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looked at everything I can think of on my Note 2 to get it to work with no avail.

:confused:

We do not fully support the Galaxy Note 2 at this time. If you have having trouble with the app, I'd suggest using a file browser ( I use ES File Explorer) and a 3rd party playback utility.

ES includes a player but it's not capable of playing back all file types. I also use MX Player. Both ES and MX are free and between the 2 I can play pretty any common movie format.

Yellowbeard,

Thanks, so much for the reply. I talked to someone in tech support the other day and he said it was supported, but I really figured it wasn't since my Asus tablet worked just fine with it. Will try your suggestions and see how that goes. Would also like to pull documents in to my Galaxy Note 2 from the Corsair Air.Is there any problems you know if with documents and your suggestion?

Thanks, again for the help!

Rusty

The ES File Explorer works wonderful for me. On my Google Nexus 10, the app is fully functional but I use ES just as frequently as I do the app.

Let us know how it goes for you and if you have any (more) issues, let us know. Please also let us know in general what you think of your Voyager Air after you use it a bit.

Our lead software engineer replied to my query about this post. He went out and bought a Note II and tried to duplicate your issue. The app works normally for him on his Note II and he sees no issues. He asked me to get some additional information from you so that we can look into this since this is a very popular phone.

Can you ask the guy who reported issue in our forum for more information?

1. What OS is he running on his problematic Notes II, official or aftermarket?

2. Screen capture of phone or device information;

3. Screen capture of our App when issue happens;

If you can provide this information, we would really appreciate it. I will send you my email address in a PM.

Thanks! ::pirate::

Mike,

I have a stock Verizon Note 2, not rooted.. Attached are the screenshots that you asked for. The screenshot of your app shows it connected to the Voyager Air but when ever I select any of the tabs it acts like it is going to open them but nothing opens.

Let me know if you need anything else. I appreciate y'all looking into it

Rusty

Screenshot_2013-04-10-17-49-23327986216.thumb.png.b06638afc6fb1b02a6ed0e19ac792d8b.png

Screenshot_2013-04-10-17-51-461574359852.thumb.png.c223ba6f3dad8443df1107eb1ded9af5.png

Mike,

I have a stock Verizon Note 2, not rooted.. Attached are the screenshots that you asked for. The screenshot of your app shows it connected to the Voyager Air but when ever I select any of the tabs it acts like it is going to open them but nothing opens.

Let me know if you need anything else. I appreciate y'all looking into it

Rusty

Awesome and thanks for posting this. I'll send it right over to the ENG. ::pirate::

Our engineer asked me to see what apps you have installed on your device. Do any of the apps have any features that control, limit, or change the screen orientation? We are still unable to duplicate your issue but this is also with a brand new Galaxy Note II that has no other apps installed.

Mike,

I have several apps on my phone. I do have ONE that controls orientation and it is an app called Ultimate Rotation Control. I can change orientation on your app but still neither orientation will work. I can make the selection and see it move but no response from voyager air.

Thanks

Rusty

Ok. I removed the rotation app and uninstalled the Corsair app and restarted the phone and it was no different, still not working. I can still select buttons on app and they move like they are working but nothing opens. I was not the only customer having note 2 problems. if you look at reviews in Google app store you will see another customer with note 2 that is having the same problem I am. I appreciate your suggestions but still not working

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep looking into it. Sorry for your problems, hopefully the work-arounds are sufficient till we can resolve this.

They are. I appreciate Corsair looking into this.

• 2 weeks later...
Probably doesn't help you, but just for info, the app works fine with my Galaxy Note 1.

rob

Rob,

Thanks for the info, not sure what the problem is with my note 2 but I depreciate you letting me know.

Rusty

Archived